New Casting Revealed

Westeros

Here’s a pleasant surprise: the Hollywood Reporter reveals that Adewal Akinnuoye-Agbaje (known to fans of television from his roles as Adebisi on Oz and Mr. Eko on Lost) has joined the cast of Game of Thrones. The role? It’s described as such:

‘... a character not in the books with the name “Malko.”’

We’re guessing he has something to do with Meereen. Akinnuoye-Agbaje’s roles as Adebisi and Eko were very memorable, and hopefully this role will give him some room to leave a mark with his presence.

Visit the Site!

Any chances he might be Moqorro? Perhaps they changed the character's name, but he still plays the same role?

I mean, this is a huge casting news, I don't think this actor is going to be just for one or two episodes as some Meereen slaver or something, just to die soon afterwards... I mean, it is always possible, but I do believe (and hope!) he will last longer. And hey, having Moqorro might also light some hope for us Victarion fans!

Who cares about the Greyjoys? I despise Victarion and consider him a waste of space, Damphair is boring and Euron isn't around enough to be properly fleshed out...and utimately all it amounts to is sending a ship to Dany. Big deal.

How do you know what "it amounts to" without having read TWoW?

All the foreshadowing points towards quite a significant interaction between Euron and Daenerys, IMO.

Not everything has to 'amount to anything' to contribute to a good story. Books and show are different beasts. They have to condense and edit for the show, obviously. The show does have to follow the main plot beats to get to the same place, however, even if the individual characters don't. So perhaps it's not Euron in the show that does ... whatever he is going to do, but someone has to. So saying such and such a character doesn't amount to anything because of show reasons, it doesn't automatically follow that it's true in the books.

I'm not sure that if Malko is just a renamed Moqorro with a different introduction we'd get the description that 'he's not in the book'. No reason to rename him in that case. I don't remember how Locke was described to us before we met him. I could be wrong though, because I kind of love the idea of Mr. Eco as a Moqorro type character. Ultimately though, it probably is a Mereen character. Dany is sadly lacking for characters to interact with right now.

The show isn't including them because they obviously don't amount to anything in the books. We know they won't amount to anything because otherwise the show would include them.

Renly didn't amount to anything in the books either... Neither did Oberyn. Hell, Robb Stark went nowhere, and his screentime was expanded.

Renly didn't amount to anything in the books either... Neither did Oberyn. Hell, Robb Stark went nowhere, and his screentime was expanded.

Robb's death pushed the plot forward. Renly's inclusion was important because the War of Five Kings sounds better than the War of Four Kings. And Oberyn highlighted the hatred the Martells have for the Lannisters and is a nice introduction to the Dornish.

The show is cutting characters because they want to trim down the story so its possible to bring it to TV, not wether characters are important. In the grand scheme of things everything so far could be considered unmportant if an unstoppable force of Ice zombies invade the whole world.

Who cares about the Greyjoys? I despise Victarion and consider him a waste of space, Damphair is boring and Euron isn't around enough to be properly fleshed out...and utimately all it amounts to is sending a ship to Dany. Big deal.

Potentially the Grejoys could steal a dragon or two and set Westeros on fire. Hardly a small deal. Euron is certainly going to be a big deal. Much like Stannis was hyped up in GOT we see a lot of signs pointing to Euron and what he is capable of.

Robb's death pushed the plot forward. Renly's inclusion was important because the War of Five Kings sounds better than the War of Four Kings. And Oberyn highlighted the hatred the Martells have for the Lannisters and is a nice introduction to the Dornish.

Best argument ever...

It's easy to look back isn't it? I'm holding my breath until I see what's in TWOW. I'm still praying that it will see the light of day prior to Season 6. If GRRM is to be believed, if even Aeron is having a good chapter, then wow.. perhaps the Greyjoy's are important! :O

The show is cutting characters because they want to trim down the story so its possible to bring it to TV, not wether characters are important. In the grand scheme of things everything so far could be considered unmportant if an unstoppable force of Ice zombies invade the whole world.

Potentially the Grejoys could steal a dragon or two and set Westeros on fire. Hardly a small deal. Euron is certainly going to be a big deal. Much like Stannis was hyped up in GOT we see a lot of signs pointing to Euron and what he is capable of.

They're also rearranging the story slightly so that cast-costs can be dispersed over the seasons. Casting the 2/3rd of the Greyjoy's can be worked around in Season 5. A mention of Euron's rise to power and him having his own plans when Yara returns to the Iron Islands, already too late for the Kingsmoot. A mention in the small council by Mace that the Ironborn are attacking the Shield Islands, which Cersei deflects as unimportant. A mention off black sailed pirates on the open seas when Tyrion and Jorah are travelling to Meereen. I've just cut the cost of casting Euron and Victarion in Season 5, while setting them up to have parts in Season 6, at which point the show won't have to put Siddig on the cast list as the story will move away from Dorne as a setting.

I think Renly existed to get Stannis his army for him for the bobwb to emphasize how men are not inclined to follow Stannis. I mean if we were told that but they just did right away anyway we'd be like oh, I guess people like Stannis after all. After what Renly did though he got most of the south forced into supporting Stannis

FUCK THE SHOW ! Actually i wasn't one of those who hate on the show very much but depending on what i see coming for next season im really pissed off,

First they killed Jojen for noooo reason now Jaime in Dorne, tyrion with dany, no Kevan no manderlys or mormonts, no stoneheart, no Quentyn and a bunch of fucking characters no one cares about and who aren't even in the books. If they need new characters there are plenty of them with an enormous potential which is waiting to be exploited

Archived