New Casting Revealed

Westeros

Mr. Eko's going to be on GoT? Great :D Just hope they don't send in a smoke Monster to kill him... *g*

As for alterations in the show, I'm quite comfortable with them because TV is different from a book. I can live with Jojen being killed because I never cared much about him. Jaime in Dorne is confusing but it could also mean that Stoneheart is out of the picture and does not get to kill him which I assume she'd be doing in the book. Tyrion is supposed to meet up with Dany anyway; I think he says so in ADWD that he wants to meet her and team up with her. So that's fine too. Quentyn was the most boring and annoying character ever; if they really merge him with Trystane - fine with me. After S5, there will be even more alterations because, honestly, I don't think TWOW will be out before they start filming S6. However, I wouldn't mind if I was wrong there :)

FUCK THE SHOW ! Actually i wasn't one of those who hate on the show very much but depending on what i see coming for next season im really pissed off,

First they killed Jojen for noooo reason now Jaime in Dorne, tyrion with dany, no Kevan no manderlys or mormonts, no stoneheart, no Quentyn and a bunch of fucking characters no one cares about and who aren't even in the books. If they need new characters there are plenty of them with an enormous potential which is waiting to be exploited

Isn't Kevan and Lancel returning this season?

Nah - I think he looks great. As long as it's clear that he does have health issues, I'm good. And really, even if they decide against playing that up because of production/story reasons, his main characteristics are patience and caution. As long as they portray that, I won't have any immediate problems.

They didn't take Tyrion's nose for various reasons, and while that works in the books, I don't miss it in the show. That's kind of how I feel about Doran's gout. I don't even know anything about gout, really - his legs are useless, obviously, but does it have any other health effects? (other than the effects reduced mobility would cause)

"That's kind of how I feel about Doran's gout. I don't even know anything about gout, really - his legs are useless, obviously, but does it have any other health effects? (other than the effects reduced mobility would cause)"

Main thing about Gout especially bad cases is not the immoblility but the pain. Indeed, Gout sufferers are inactive because to move the effected limb can be excruciatingly painful. And as pointed out in the book its not only that Doran's legs are involved, his extreme case of Gout seems to have effected all his joints. In reality his Gout reinfoced his image of being someone willing to suffer long and live within his head. By that I mean his Gout is a metaphor for his ability to see and plan for the long term. Seemingly accepting the murder of his beloved sister and her children but in fact engaged in a plot that takes decades to come to fruition to see them revenged.

FUCK THE SHOW ! Actually i wasn't one of those who hate on the show very much but depending on what i see coming for next season im really pissed off,

First they killed Jojen for noooo reason now Jaime in Dorne, tyrion with dany, no Kevan no manderlys or mormonts, no stoneheart, no Quentyn and a bunch of fucking characters no one cares about and who aren't even in the books. If they need new characters there are plenty of them with an enormous potential which is waiting to be exploited

Jojen - If the "Jojen Paste" theories are to be believed, then he died in the book as well and it is not much of a difference. And even if Jojen Paste isn't real, do you really think he is lasting that much longer in the books either?

Jaime in Dorne - I'm not a big fan of this, but let's wait until we actually see how it plays out before killing it so much, okay? Losing his Riverlands storyline from the book is not a big deal because practically nothing happens there. I can see the reasoning in having him head there, because you have a major character to help build up the new locale and the characters there. People rightfully criticized this in the books because it was all these new characters with no major characters there. The show would get the exact same criticisms.

Tyrion with Dany - This is a GREAT thing. And you are criticizing it?! Are you kidding me!?! You were happy that GRRM delayed this meeting into the next book and you are going to have to wait 5-6 years to get it?!

Kevan - Rumors are he will be back. Again, let's wait until we actually know he is cut before criticizing it.

Manderly - Likewise we do not know for sure that he is cut yet. He may be merged into an Umber type character, and if they give us the same character with a different name it will be just as good. If they do end up cutting him it will be a disappointment.

Mormonts - Extremely insignificant characters who you never should have expected to see in the TV show. If you expected them and got disappointed by their exclusion, you never should have gotten your hopes up in the first place (and its not the show's fault that you did).

Stoneheart - See my comments on Manderly. I'll be very disappointed if its cut, but we don't know that yet. For all we know they delayed this huge twist into a season where the books gave very few twists and big events.

Quentyn - A huge waste of time and one of the biggest criticisms with AFFC/ADWD. Let's see how they let the dragons loose, but I think in all odds I'll like how they handle it on the show better. Quentyn was largely filler.

Nah - I think he looks great. As long as it's clear that he does have health issues, I'm good. And really, even if they decide against playing that up because of production/story reasons, his main characteristics are patience and caution. As long as they portray that, I won't have any immediate problems.

They didn't take Tyrion's nose for various reasons, and while that works in the books, I don't miss it in the show. That's kind of how I feel about Doran's gout. I don't even know anything about gout, really - his legs are useless, obviously, but does it have any other health effects? (other than the effects reduced mobility would cause)

But Doran Martell is all about such a fragile man who has such strong internal strength, I do not have problem about TV Tyrion got to keep his nose, but a Doran Martell weaken by gout would be much easier to portrait in the screen.

They can portray him as a physically fragile man without him looking half a step from death's door. Let's just see what they do with first.

I see your point about the comparison between the strength of will vs his strength of body, and I enjoy that too, but I am not going to get too attached to that for the show. So many of the characters have moments or arcs that only superficially resemble the book character that I have to let some of this go in order to enjoy the show. Which I very much want to do.

Quentyn - A huge waste of time and one of the biggest criticisms with AFFC/ADWD. Let's see how they let the dragons loose, but I think in all odds I'll like how they handle it on the show better. Quentyn was largely filler.

Perhaps this is the reason why they fast-forward the Dany Tyrion encounter, so Tyrion would be the one to release the dragons.

Archived