New Casting Revealed

Westeros

So the show doesn't want to focus on the new characters introduced in the 4th book. And just stick with the golden goose? So we get to see Jamie screwd over once more in his character development. Sending him to dorne instead of having him do his business in the River Lands.

Pretty much were getting new invented plots for some characters and spoilers for established characters?

And Missandei and Grey Worm are lovely and add some necessary development to people around Dany/Essosi ex-slaves, so they wouldn't just stand around while she gives speeches, while also adding some genuine moments of intimacy and emotion to a show where "romantic plot" usually means "two people getting naked and having sex... usually as a monetary transaction".

I'm inclined to agree that the Missandei and Grey Worm moments were a breath of fresh air ... nice, gentle touches to offset the brutal, disturbingly rapacious world they inhabit.

To boot, I actually watch the tv show for the acting and scenery, not the story. If I want to delve into the storylines as GrrM laid them out, I just pick up the books. Fairly easy to do. I think most of the casting choices have been second to none, and I love geeking out when I see a favourite actor/actress of mine pop up.

My heartbreak is the apparent loss of Wyman Manderly's storyline on the show (from what I've read). :crying:

But the inclusion of the High Sparrow (Jonathon Pryce) definitely has me intrigued. He's another one of those actors who can look warm and benevolent but give an air of cold menace at the same time. I look forward to watching how he portrays the HS.

I'm rather apprehensive of the Dorne storyline, but refuse to pre-judge until I watch how the actors fill in their roles.

I think Jaime is going to replace Oakheart on the show because it's really not that interesting to have Jaime NOT talk about his problems to anyone and see people NOT hang Edmure...and if LS kills him in the books anyway, he can die in a different way on the show: either way he ends up dead. At least it's warm in Dorne.

What is the purpose of the new Oakheart if the role of Arianne is cut?

You got us all. Well, He can't be the new Oakheart because he wouldn't have a part in ArianneEllariaSandSnakesTrystanne's plan. I think he is the new Balon Swann rather than Oakheart.

But even Balon Swann would have no purpose without the ArianneEllariaSandSnakesTrystanne's plan.

The information we have is that Jaime is going to Dorne because Cersei thinks she's in danger. In the books, Balon Swann has a mission to bring back Myrcella to KL and kill Trystanne. If the ArianneEllariaSandSnakesTrystanne's plan is in or is out, it won't matter for Jaime's mission.

According to this facebook post.

The information we have is that Jaime is going to Dorne because Cersei thinks she's in danger. In the books, Balon Swann has a mission to bring back Myrcella to KL and kill Trystanne. If the ArianneEllariaSandSnakesTrystanne's plan is in or is out, it won't matter for Jaime's mission.

According to this facebook post.

Not much of a surprise in that.

Someone should tell the poster that Arya has Needle with her in the book too.

This is not reliable info, right? :unsure:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3866862/?ref_=ttep_ep10

Screenshot

Nah, don't trust IMDB. Michelle Fairley is listed.

The finale is only 55 minutes?

They probably haven't finished editing the episode, so there's no way to know how long it is. Last season, they were doing final touches right up until the episode aired.

Archived