Released today?

Bookstores outside the US get the books in advance and keep them until the date of official release but some of them simply start selling them because there is no one to tell them not no. That I saw happening with HP although as it was a very important release, they were scolded. I'll check my bookstore tomorrow, maybe they already have it :D

If the Lannister family tree goes back to Damon Lannister we should learn who his wife was, too. If not, then it might be mentioned in the text - or not. The Westerlands reading did cover Damon's, Tybolt's, and Gerold' age, and Yandel did not find any reason to mention their wives/mother, so my guess is the chance for Targaryen blood in House Lannister through Elaena Targaryen herself is zero.

Although a daughter of hers may have been the first wife of Gerold or Tybolt's wife - but if that was the case, then the Tywin and company do not share the blood of those women, and thus this whole thing will become pretty irrelevant in regards to dragon blood speculations.

Is there a subsection where those of us who have read it can discuss it?

Also here's my spoiler free first impressions(havent read the whole thing - finished the westeros part though) - was a bit dissapointed that we didnt get more info about certain periods of history cause the Maester thought we already knew (and a lot of questions that I thought were going to be answered were left untouched even). Some very interesting new tidbits of information have been added that are going to fuel further discussion on this forum for years to come. The list of westerosi BAMFs has increased a lot. There are sections where I'm sure GRRM and Ran are teasing us deliberately. Overall I'd have to say I loved this book but unfortunately it makes the wait for WoW even harder.

We ask that people wait until the official release date -- October 28th -- to dig into discussing the book. At that point, threads discussing the book in details in this sub-forum should begin with [spoilerS] at the start of the title, and the titles should not themselves be spoilers. Posts mentioning content from the book should use spoiler code as appropriate.

The spoiler period for TWoIaF is one month, rather than our usual 3 month policy with new ASoIaF releases.

Although a daughter of hers may have been the first wife of Gerold or Tybolt's wife - but if that was the case, then the Tywin and company do not share the blood of those women, and thus this whole thing will become pretty irrelevant in regards to dragon blood speculations.

And what about Joanna's mother? She could be an Elaena descendant (maybe through the Plumms); the same with Tytos' wife. In this case Tyrion, Cersei and Jaime could have a drop a dragon blood.

Archived