Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

I'm working on a theory, that includes all Other/Ice/magic stems from First Men Blood.

The same concept applies to Targaryens, with Valyrian blood (Rh'llor/Dragons/Fire)

That it's the blood and it's potency without dilution that offers the possibility for magical prowess. Thus the reason for Craster's incest, and Targaryen incest, to promote and increase potency of their respective ingredient (first men/valyrian)

My question is, what ancient blood, would green fall under. Rhoyner/Andal, etc?

This blood, would more than likely make up Bloodraven's mother's side, as well as be included in the Reeds, etc. Is there any link where they may be descended from an ancient bloodline similar to First Men for Ice, and Valyrian for Fire?

P.S. it's also a possible, that Tully's descend from this same bloodline and would leak into Bran. It wouldn't effect Jon obviously if R/L/J, but the rest of the stark kids would maintain First Men blood & green blood

Maybe greenblood is some mixture with the Children of the Forest. Aren't the Cannogmen supposed to be the closest to the Children.

Are there any good speculations about it (threads maybe, I can't find any, search isn't really working as I expected)

Can't recall any right now. You could try a google search, by copy-pasting "Quaithe site:asoiaf.westeros.org" in your search bar. That should give you more results that the search option on the forum.

Suggestions that are often made is that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar, or Ashara Dayne. Those two names, I think, are named most frequently.

I havent found a thread about knights and the Lord of Light. (I am sorry if someone already asked that.) Do knights who follow R'hllor still want to be called "Ser"? Since somewhere in AGoT or ACoK it is mentioned that knights are a thing from the Fot7.

Judging from tons of Stannis' knights who follow Rhllor (Richard Horpe, Justin Massey, Godry Giantslayer, Clayton Suggs, Corlis Penny, Patrek of King's Mountain...) , I'd say they certainly don't mind being caller Ser.

EDIT: I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum :cheers:

I havent found a thread about knights and the Lord of Light. (I am sorry if someone already asked that.) Do knights who follow R'hllor still want to be called "Ser"? Since somewhere in AGoT or ACoK it is mentioned that knights are a thing from the Fot7.

Those raised in the faith of R'hllor most likely don't care a thing about knighthood (Thoros of Myr, for example). Knighthood is something heavily associated with the Faith of the Seven (also the reason why there are only few knights in the North, as there most people follow the Old Gods).

The people who were raised with the Faith of the Seven (Gendry, Stannis' men, etc.) have been raised with the knowledge of knighthood being a social status of its own. So, while they convert from the Faith to R'hllor, they will still want to be called Ser, most likely, as they were raised in the way that being a knight makes you a better, socially higher, person than not being a knight.

Those raised in the faith of R'hllor most likely don't care a thing about knighthood (Thoros of Myr, for example). Knighthood is something heavily associated with the Faith of the Seven (also the reason why there are only few knights in the North, as there most people follow the Old Gods).

The people who were raised with the Faith of the Seven (Gendry, Stannis' men, etc.) have been raised with the knowledge of knighthood being a social status of its own. So, while they convert from the Faith to R'hllor, they will still want to be called Ser, most likely, as they were raised in the way that being a knight makes you a better, socially higher, person than not being a knight.

One could argue against this by noting that the BWB, whose members appear to have adopted the Red god. But the counter to that is they're cheapening the honor.

As Tywin's corpse decayed in Baelor' Sept Jaime noticed that a "foul white fluid was seeping through the joints of his splendid gold-and-crimson armor to pool beneath his body." WTF was that?

Shae was hermaphrodite? :leaving:

I can proudly say that thought never occurred to me (and that's coming from a guy who posts in Tormund's mighty member threads). Seriously, is there some medical explanation?

Oh, and anybody know of any threads where the doors on the house across from the Seven Swords in Duskendale are discussed?

They showed a castle in an autumn wood, the trees done up in shades of gold and russet. Ivy crawled up the trunks of ancient oaks, and even the acorns had been done with loving care. When Brienne peered more closely, she saw creatures in the foliage: a sly red fox, two sparrows on a branch, and behind those leaves the shadow of a boar.

Brienne II, Feast

I can proudly say that thought never occurred to me (and that's coming from a guy who posts in Tormund's mighty member threads). Seriously, is there some medical explanation?

These thoughts occur to me sometimes, and I'm not sure if I should be proud of them :P

Back to serious answer, only other light-colored body fluid I can think of is lymph fluid, which doesn't simply bleed out of body when it dies. I think Mychel has the right idea - probably it was some kind of embalming product. After all, if it was something out of the ordinary, you'd think that one of the hundreds of people attending the funeral would have noted it (especially someone as paranoid as Cersei).

When is fArya going to be recognized as fArya by someone to the public, and who will do it? Will Theon reveal it? Will one of the Northmen reveal that they have known all along? Will Jon or Mel reveal it when they meet up? Will Ramsay or Roose be forced to give up the truth? Will Mance announce it to all in Winterfell since he knows what the real Arya looks like?

water can be made from ice, yes.

however, "found," it was already in existence when they fell upon it?

I always assumed the lore associated the seastone chair with the drowned gods physical existence on the planet, i.e., it was his throne during the time he sailed the world with fire and sword. The Grey King's throne was washed into the sea, so I suppose it's not his ancient seat unless the Grey King is the drowned god while he was flesh? Now I'm confused. . .

Archived