Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

Can't recall any right now. You could try a google search, by copy-pasting "Quaithe site:asoiaf.westeros.org" in your search bar. That should give you more results that the search option on the forum.

Suggestions that are often made is that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar, or Ashara Dayne. Those two names, I think, are named most frequently.

That helped, could've figured that one out myself of course :bang:

Any, for those interested. I've bumped this

(1)When is fArya going to be recognized as fArya by someone to the public, (2)and who will do it? (3)Will Theon reveal it? (4)Will one of the Northmen reveal that they have known all along? (5)Will Jon or Mel reveal it when they meet up? (6)Will Ramsay or Roose be forced to give up the truth? (7)Will Mance announce it to all in Winterfell since he knows what the real Arya looks like?

(1)No one knows

(2)Someone who previously knew Arya. There aren't many left

(3)Possible

(4)I don't think there are any high lords left who've ever met Arya?

(5)Jon might, depending on how he survives.. Melisandre won't know

(6)Telling the truth won't work in their favour. I doubt they'll ever do.

(7)Possible. But who would believe him?

Is there a statement from GRRM saying that Rhaeger is dead?

Outside the text you mean? There are, I think, two SSMs from different times where George is to answer what happened to Rhaegar's body after he died at the Trident. "He was cremated as was Targaryen custom" is his answer.

edit: and @Rhaenys_Targaryen has the answer with a link while I am still typing :)

That was fast, thanks.

I don't know if GRRM would pull this, but would it be possible that he was talking about the 'presumed' body of Rheagar?

Currently I saw a 'Rhaegar is alive' statement.

Haha, I was online and saw your question pop up on my screen.

I doubt it.. We also have in-text statements, about Robert killing Rhaegar, crows eating Rhaegar's body in the aftermath, etc.

Rhaegar was the figurehead, and thus (1) checking to see whether he was truly dead was of the highest importance, and (2)faking his death would have had no use, nor would it have been logical, taking all the prophecy stuff and Rhaegars personality, and goals into account.

Haha, I was online and saw your question pop up on my screen.

I doubt it.. We also have in-text statements, about Robert killing Rhaegar, crows eating Rhaegar's body in the aftermath, etc.

Rhaegar was the figurehead, and thus (1) checking to see whether he was truly dead was of the highest importance, and (2)faking his death would have had no use, nor would it have been logical, taking all the prophecy stuff and Rhaegars personality, and goals into account.

Yeah, I doubt it too. In-text statements don't mean much to me really. GRRM is to slicky for that. But him saying that Rhaegers body is cremated, that should close the case.

edit: If GRRM was trying to pull a prank it would've gone like this IMO:

If a interviewer asks a direct question: What happens to Rheagar's body?

IF this was a double, GRRM would've said: The body they found at the trident was cremated, as is traditional for fallen Targaryens.

Instead of saying: Rhaegar he would've said something like 'the body that was found.' That would leave some discussion open.

Yeah, that's possible too. But stating that rhaegar was cremated, leaves little discussion.

Indeed.

Outside the text you mean? There are, I think, two SSMs from different times where George is to answer what happened to Rhaegar's body after he died at the Trident. "He was cremated as was Targaryen custom" is his answer.

edit: and @Rhaenys_Targaryen has the answer with a link while I am still typing :)

:ninja:

anybody know of any threads where the doors on the house across from the Seven Swords in Duskendale are discussed?

They showed a castle in an autumn wood, the trees done up in shades of gold and russet. Ivy crawled up the trunks of ancient oaks, and even the acorns had been done with loving care. When Brienne peered more closely, she saw creatures in the foliage: a sly red fox, two sparrows on a branch, and behind those leaves the shadow of a boar.

Brienne II, Feast

I don't see the fox, the sparrows, and the boar as a foreshadowing of the showdown at Cracklaw Point. Could the sparrows be the new high septon and the beheaded dwarf Brienne meets? Perhaps the sly fox is the Mad Mouse? Is the shadow of the boar Gendry, Robert's son? Come on, help me out here...

Even Marijuana is psychedelic to a degree, and opium is as well, its just relatively much less psychedelic than the drugs we think of in that class such as shrooms LSD peyote etc. I can't help wonder about turning the lips blue, either there is actually dye in it or there are some serious health consequences to drinking it. If it was as powerful a hallucinogen as LSD neither Euron or the Worlocks would be able to function the way they do.

Even Marijuana is psychedelic to a degree, and opium is as well, its just relatively much less psychedelic than the drugs we think of in that class such as shrooms LSD peyote etc. I can't help wonder about turning the lips blue, either there is actually dye in it or there are some serious health consequences to drinking it. If it was as powerful a hallucinogen as LSD neither Euron or the Worlocks would be able to function the way they do.

Pot, at least the bud that was available back in the day, including the best skunk, wouldna had Daenerys tripping as heavily as she was in the House of the Undying Ones. At least, um... that's what a friend told me. Yeah, a friend... I don't know... I mean my friend doesn't know about opium.

Archived