Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

You familiar with the weirwood grove theory? We don't actually know its a dragon that's just what Ironborn legend says. I think its a good theory that there was a weirwood grove that was killed and turned to stone.

Hadn't heard that one. Is the color of the bones the bloodrider finds mentioned?

So, I'm a little confused about the whole Brienne storyline. I just finished ADWD last week, and Jaime's plotline ends in this book with Brienne coming to Jaime saying she knows where one of the Stark girls are.

At the point we get to Jaime's storyline in ADWD, we are past any plotline that has happened in AFFC. In AFFC, Brienne's plotline ends with her supposedly getting hanged.

So, I'm wondering if I missed something, or if GRRM is purposely doing this so that we are confused / have to wait and find out how Brienne escaped?

Thanks

I have just read a comment in the R+L=J thread that Rhaegar and Aemon exchanged letters. Where will I find textual confirmation of this communication?

Thanks...

I can't quite the passage now, as I am on my phone, but should be Aemon speaking to Sam in Feast for Crows, when they are discussing the prince who was promised, and Daenerys.

So one of the Sam POVs in Braavos, or his POV on the ship to Oldtown, as Sam thinks about stuff Aemon said there.

Barristan told Dany of a knight who won a jousting tourney and proclaimed (if memory serves) Dany's mother as the queen of love and beauty. He was just a landed knight, however, and when she married Aerys he put away his lance and joined the faith. I think I got those details about right.

Do we know who he is?

Barristan told Dany of a knight who won a jousting tourney and proclaimed (if memory serves) Dany's mother as the queen of love and beauty. He was just a landed knight, however, and when she married Aerys he put away his lance and joined the faith. I think I got those details about right.

Do we know who he is?

Bonnifer Hasty

Do we know why/how Greyjoys got to power? Did they support Aegon? Were they controlling the Iron Islands (then just small part of Ironborn realm) during the reign of Hoare?

"Where is it written that our king must be a kraken?" Drumm began. "What right has Pyke to rule us? Great Wyk is the largest isle, Harlaw the richest, Old Wyk the most holy. When the black line was consumed by dragonfire, the ironborn gave the primacy to Vickon Greyjoy, aye . . . but as lord, not king."

Aeron II, Feast

How do you ride a dragon? How do you command it to roast your enemies? How do you command it to fly? to come down?

How do you teach a dog to sit when you say so? How do you teach a dog to do its business outside? How do you teach a dog to play fetch? How do you make it listen to its name?

But in all seriousness, it seemed fairly easy for Daenerys to teach her dragons the command ''Dracarys''. :)

And a dragon horn would surely help.

Hi everyone...

I'm rereading SoS right now, and I've got a question. In the Tyrion chapter where he meets Oberyn (and, IMHO, realizes that things are about to get quite interesting), one of the banners that accompanies him is from the house Jordayne of Tor.

Does this have anything to do with Robert Jordan and the Wheel of Time series? WoT WAS published by Tor...at least the copies I have are.

Also, back in CoK, there's a conversation between Bronn, Varys and Tyrion where Bronn says "'Ever think how easy life would be if the other one had been born first?' ... 'Seems like he'd do whatever he was told, as a good king should.' A chill crept down Tyrion's spine as he realized what the sellsword was hinting at. If Tommen was king.....There was only way Tommen would become kind. No, he could not even think it." Is this where Varys might have gotten the idea to help with the Tyrells and whoever else decided to poison Joffrey? And since Tyrion wasn't solidly against it, would this also have been how it was decided to frame him?

Archived