Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

I noticed when relistening to aDwD that Bran mentions Coldhand's said a prayer in a wierd / different tongue for the elk when it died.

Any idea's out there on why Coldhand's would know a different language. My thought's were either

• Whoever CH's was before he died knew multiple (atleast 2) languages or at least a random prayer in a different language
  • If it is BR or someone else warging CH then they know multiple (atleast 2) languages

Any other thought's?

I noticed when relistening to aDwD that Bran mentions Coldhand's said a prayer in a wierd / different tongue for the elk when it died.

Any idea's out there on why Coldhand's would know a different language. My thought's were either

• Whoever CH's was before he died knew multiple (atleast 2) languages or at least a random prayer in a different language

If it is BR or someone else warging CH then they know multiple (atleast 2) languages

Any other thought's?

Because he has been dead a long time, maybe he knows the old tongue. :dunno:

I think he meant that the North is as big as the six other kingdoms combined (Riverlands, Vale, Stormlands, Westerlands, Reach and Dorne), which Robert confirms in AGOT

But that includes the lands of their lords bannermen, so the Stark lands (Winterfell and some land around it) aren't that as the rest of Westeros

Maybe heart’s bane? Cersei muses about giving a cup of it to Marg in AFfC

"A sudden sickness would be best, but the gods were seldom so obliging. How then? A knife, a pillow, a cup of heart’s bane? All of those posed problems. When an old man died in his sleep no one thought twice of it, but a girl of six-and-ten found dead in bed was certain to raise awkward questions."

i saw this in an earlier thread about poison. my question is, who is the old man who died in his sleep? is Cersei just using a generic example as she thinks, or is she thinking about something she did in the past?

the only answer i could think of was the old man, who was a member of the KG and died to make a spot for Jaime.

another question from an earlier thread:

He probably feared that Stannis would kill or harm the boy. Stannis was usurping, in the eyes of a lot of people. He was claiming that Joff, Tommen and Mycrella were bastards, not of Roberts blood, but Edric was of Robert's blood. Perhaps Penrose feared that.

if Joff, Tommen, and Myrcella were not Robert's, isn't Stannis just claiming his rightful place as Robert's oldest brother, since Robert's had no trueborn sons or heirs?

I think he meant that the North is as big as the six other kingdoms combined (Riverlands, Vale, Stormlands, Westerlands, Reach and Dorne), which Robert confirms in AGOT

But that includes the lands of their lords bannermen, so the Stark lands (Winterfell and some land around it) aren't that as the rest of Westeros

Robert was overexaggerating. From the World of Ice and Fire:

It is often said that the North is as large as the other six kingdoms ut together, but the truth is somewhat less grand: the North, as ruled today by House Stark of Winterfell, comprises little more than a third of the Realm.

That can also be simply concluded by looking at a map ;)

Maybe heart’s bane? Cersei muses about giving a cup of it to Marg in AFfC

"A sudden sickness would be best, but the gods were seldom so obliging. How then? A knife, a pillow, a cup of heart’s bane? All of those posed problems. When an old man died in his sleep no one thought twice of it, but a girl of six-and-ten found dead in bed was certain to raise awkward questions."

i saw this in an earlier thread about poison. my question is, who is the old man who died in his sleep? is Cersei just using a generic example as she thinks, or is she thinking about something she did in the past?

the only answer i could think of was the old man, who was a member of the KG and died to make a spot for Jaime.

The man who died was Ser Harlan Grandison.

It woudl depend on when Grandison died. Jaime was only knighted when the campaign against the Brotherhood was finished. If Grandison had died prior to the campaign, Cersei was innocent, as there was no way to know beforehand that Jaime would be knighted at this young age. With Grandison dying prior to, or even during, the campaign, Cersei bares no blame.

If Grandison died after news of Jaime's knighthood reached KL, then you could suspect Cersei, yes. There are no other hints as to whether she's actually guilty or not.

another question from an earlier thread:

He probably feared that Stannis would kill or harm the boy. Stannis was usurping, in the eyes of a lot of people. He was claiming that Joff, Tommen and Mycrella were bastards, not of Roberts blood, but Edric was of Robert's blood. Perhaps Penrose feared that.

if Joff, Tommen, and Myrcella were not Robert's, isn't Stannis just claiming his rightful place as Robert's oldest brother, since Robert's had no trueborn sons or heirs?

Stannis is fully aware that Joff, Tommen and Mycrella aren't Roberts. So Stannis knows that he is the heir to the throne, legally.

Yet Stannis isn't loved, and there will always be those lords who are willing to try and overthrow this King-to-be by taking up arms for the claim of another, in this case, Robert's bastard with two highborn parents, the most "worthy" of his bastards to sit the throne, legally acknowledged by the late King. So the fear that Stannis might have Edric killed upon ascending the throne, to prevent others from trying to get Stannis off of the throne, was a real one. It had ground.

Because the truth of the matter is, inheritance isn't clear-cut, and one could always try to get his way, if there is a claimant left.

@Trucbidule, I haven´t reached the part on Essos yet. Sorry, but I have not forgotten! :)

Robert was overexaggerating. From the World of Ice and Fire:

It is often said that the North is as large as the other six kingdoms ut together, but the truth is somewhat less grand: the North, as ruled today by House Stark of Winterfell, comprises little more than a third of the Realm.

That can also be simply concluded by looking at a map ;)

The man who died was Ser Harlan Grandison.

It woudl depend on when Grandison died. Jaime was only knighted when the campaign against the Brotherhood was finished. If Grandison had died prior to the campaign, Cersei was innocent, as there was no way to know beforehand that Jaime would be knighted at this young age. With Grandison dying prior to, or even during, the campaign, Cersei bares no blame.

If Grandison died after news of Jaime's knighthood reached KL, then you could suspect Cersei, yes. There are no other hints as to whether she's actually guilty or not.

Stannis is fully aware that Joff, Tommen and Mycrella aren't Roberts. So Stannis knows that he is the heir to the throne, legally.

Yet Stannis isn't loved, and there will always be those lords who are willing to try and overthrow this King-to-be by taking up arms for the claim of another, in this case, Robert's bastard with two highborn parents, the most "worthy" of his bastards to sit the throne, legally acknowledged by the late King. So the fear that Stannis might have Edric killed upon ascending the throne, to prevent others from trying to get Stannis off of the throne, was a real one. It had ground.

Because the truth of the matter is, inheritance isn't clear-cut, and one could always try to get his way, if there is a claimant left.

@Trucbidule, I haven´t reached the part on Essos yet. Sorry, but I have not forgotten! :)

Thanks R_T! you rock! :thumbsup:

my question is, who is the old man who died in his sleep? is Cersei just using a generic example as she thinks, or is she thinking about something she did in the past?

I assumed that Cersei was thinking about the High Septon, smothered with a pillow in his sleep.

When is fArya going to be recognized as fArya by someone to the public, and who will do it? Will Theon reveal it? Will one of the Northmen reveal that they have known all along? Will Jon or Mel reveal it when they meet up? Will Ramsay or Roose be forced to give up the truth? Will Mance announce it to all in Winterfell since he knows what the real Arya looks like?

In the spoiler chapter with Theon there is an answer, if you care to read it.

Stannis sent fArya to her brother Jon at the wall along with Alysanne‍‍ Mormont.

i saw where it is stated that Ned was in the Black Cells fro 1 to 2 months. Ned was still free and The Hand when Yoren comes and Ned tells him he can take the prisoners from the Black Cells. so then Ned would be put in the cells and Yoren would be around for 1 to 2 months just to get the prisoners, because he was just getting ready to leave when Ned is beheaded, and he grabbed Arya? so was Ned in the cells for a shorter period, or or did Yoren just linger around KL for a long time? what would take so long just to round up prisoners and be back on his way north?

i saw where it is stated that Ned was in the Black Cells fro 1 to 2 months. Ned was still free and The Hand when Yoren comes and Ned tells him he can take the prisoners from the Black Cells. so then Ned would be put in the cells and Yoren would be around for 1 to 2 months just to get the prisoners, because he was just getting ready to leave when Ned is beheaded, and he grabbed Arya? so was Ned in the cells for a shorter period, or or did Yoren just linger around KL for a long time? what would take so long just to round up prisoners and be back on his way north?

Yoren was told (presumably by Varys) to wait for Ned. Nobody (except in certain theories, Littlefinger) knew the king would order him killed.

Archived