Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

I hope I got it

in world's, it says Robert has three golden heirs, for every other king only the sons are listed as heirs, is this a typo or did something change during Roberts rein?

"Moreover, the king and his beloved queen have given the realm three golden heirs to ensure that House Baratheon will long reign supreme."

I hope I got it

in world's, it says Robert has three golden heirs, for every other king only the sons are listed as heirs, is this a typo or did something change during Roberts rein?

"Moreover, the king and his beloved queen have given the realm three golden heirs to ensure that House Baratheon will long reign supreme."

That's a really good point... Umm... the best that I can speculate is:

It's a mistake. It can't really be a reference to Stannis and Renly because 1) that'd make four, not three and 2) Robert isn't responsible for producing them.

Or maybe the Baratheons won't be as strict as the Targaryens and will allow women to inherit after their brothers... ? Robert's claim to the Iron Throne comes from his maternal side, which the Great Council of 101 seemed to decide wasn't a legitimate source of a claim. They always placed the male progeny ahead of any female claimant or even a claim descended though the maternal line even if it meant handing power to a distant collateral relation.

A change made under Robert's rule must've changed this, in order to support his own claim to the Iron Throne, in which case Myrcella is an heir, after Joffrey and Tommen.

I hope I got it

No, it's just wording for Robert's children. Because Robert started a new line on the throne, Stannis can't simply inherit the throne, but Robert's children first, I think. Had Robert's father been King first, then Stannis would have been the official heir after Joffrey and Tommen. But because Robert is the start of House Baratheon of KL, first all of his children are the heirs, only then will Robert's brothers be considered.

No, it's just wording for Robert's children. Because Robert started a new line on the throne, Stannis can't simply inherit the throne, but Robert's children first, I think. Had Robert's father been King first, then Stannis would have been the official heir after Joffrey and Tommen. But because Robert is the start of House Baratheon of KL, first all of his children are the heirs, only then will Robert's brothers be considered.

so myrcella is an official heir after joffrey and tommen?

This is a really good question, and I'm curious as to what others think... I didn't realise that so many people would reply to it as they normally don't and I think ACVG's query is so good that I made a thread for it here:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/119923-twoiaf-spoilers-female-claimants-to-the-iron-throne/

Don't panic! I've not taken credit for this splendid question! :)

And soz if that's more inconvenient that continuing here, but my curiosity is really piqued by this one... it's not a small question but a large one. ;)

Was Bloodraven responsible for Jon's visions/dreams/thoughts of the kings of winter telling him he didna belong?

I like to think it was Jon's prophetic dreaming power (inherited thanks to his Targaryen genes) that did the trick.

What is the largest castle on the Iron Islands?

Confirmed is that it isn't

Pyke

What is the largest castle, is unknown, as far as I am aware. Candidates are castles located on Great Wyk (largest island), and Harlaw (more wealthy island)

Soo.. I'm looking for the quote where GRRM states that somebody is going to the lands of always winter... ;)

Does nobody have this one for me? :blushing:

Is there any proof in the books that Varys is really a Eunuch? He says he is and few men would lie about such a thing. But Varys tries pretty hard to seem helpful and non threatening. Nobody thinks Rugen is a Eunuch.

We don't have a discription of the happening directly, but we do have a statement of Varys telling Tyrion what happened. He shows him that he has captured 'the wizard' that did 'it' to him many years ago.

Then again, I don't really see the importance of him having a stick and balls or not.

I also found nothing, but I'm 100% sure that GRRM said we'll get to see Lands of Always WInter is WOW. I've read it several times, but I can't remember where.

Yeah, but I have a feeling that isn't going to be from a direct pov, but through Bran

Yeah, but I have a feeling that isn't going to be from a direct pov, but through Bran

Yeah I believe the only chance for it to be a direct PoV at this point is the epilogue.

Unless Jeyne Westerling is conspiring with the Others.

Archived