Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

Soo.. I'm looking for the quote where GRRM states that somebody is going to the lands of always winter... ;)

Not looking at the quote I can't speak the way Martin does, but he basically said that we would see the Others culture or like there of, in one of the up coming books. Another time he said we would learn much more of Benjen fate, but didn't give away if he was alive or dead.

If the female is the last heir and marries another lordling, does the name cease to exist?

That is kind of like having a bastard child as heir, there isn't a/one correct answer. Both in real life, and in Westeros it mostly comes down to who has the money and power, or at least the backing of those who have it, with some cases going one way and another going the completely different. Roberts family is a case where his great (how many ever) father took up the name and house of the women he married, but other houses could completely fall/die out w/ the same problem and solution open to them.

What happens to beric the lightning Lord at the end of the last book? I don't remember him dying , but remember references to him being dead.

ETA. I do remember him dying. Just not staying dead

He gave the "breath" that was keeping him alive to LS, and she live, he did not.

Did Gerion Lannister give Robert a dagger? Was it a gift, if yes for what reason / occasion? What was it shaped / looking like...

(Can't find the passage(es), don't even know if this is taken from ASOIAF or other stories, but I just heard a mathematical equation of Names that sounded... interesting)

Did Gerion Lannister give Robert a dagger? Was it a gift, if yes for what reason / occasion? What was it shaped / looking like...

(Can't find the passage(es), don't even know if this is taken from ASOIAF or other stories, but I just heard a mathematical equation of Names that sounded... interesting)

From Storm 32 :

When the guards had seen the armorer out, Tyrion clambered up onto a chair. "So... a sword for Joff, a sword for Jaime, and not even a dagger for the dwarf. Is that the way of it, Father?"

"The steel was sufficient for two blades, not three. If you have need of a dagger, take one from the armory. Robert left a hundred when he died. Gerion gave him a gilded dagger with an ivory grip and a sapphire pommel for a wedding gift, and half the envoys who came to court tried to curry favor by presenting His Grace with jewel-encrusted knives and silver inlay swords."

In another thread i found this post:

This would be epic, but sadly GRRM already revealed who's going to be in the WoW prologue.

But yeah, I need a Tyrell POV before the series ends or I will riot.

Also, I would have liked to see the Battle of the Fords from Edmure's POV, because that's the only time someone kicked Tywin's ass in battle

Now I would like to know who is going to be the WoW prologue POV. Can anyone tell me where GRRM told it?

In another thread i found this post:

Now I would like to know who is going to be the WoW prologue POV. Can anyone tell me where GRRM told it?

Spoiler tag because it's about Winds of Winter

GRRM revealed that Jeyne Westerling would be

in the prologue. He hasn't said anything about who the prologue POV is. But the fact alone that Jeyne Westerling will be in it (who is either still on her way to Casterly Rock, or has already arrived at Casterly Rock), can be used to rule out a lot of people.. Actually, everyone who isn't in the Riverlands or Westerlands, is ruled out by this.

In Jon I, Dance, Ghost senses Shaggydog and Nymeria but he no longer senses Summer. Is this because of the Wall? Jon lost his sense of Ghost while he was south of the Wall and Ghost was north of it, right? Since Bran and Bloodraven seem to be immune to this obstacle does that mean skinchangers are blocked by the Wall but greenseerers are not?

Alternatively Ghost knows that Summer is north of the Wall and he senses that it is colder north of the Wall. Does that mean the one he can no longer sense is Grey Wind? Jon notes in this chapter that Ghost knows Grey Wind is gone, but he knows Summer and Shaggydog have survived Rickon and Bran.

I guess this isn't a small question...

Its hard to say for sure but I always thought the brother he could no longer sense was summer because I believe the full quote starts off talking about the wolves that died and then says now there were 4, and 1 he could no longer sense.

Jon definitely indicates he cannot sense Ghost when they are on opposite sides of the wall, but your right Bloodraven clearly can.

How many wildings did Tormund bring across the Wall after the terms with the NW?

3,119 wildlings plus 200 giants and 80 mammoths.

Does the song "The Burning of the Ships" refer to Brandon the Burner and when he put the torch to his father's ships?

It isn't confirmed but seems quite likely.

Does the song "The Burning of the Ships" refer to Brandon the Burner and when he put the torch to his father's ships?

Either that or when Nymeria destroyed the 10,000 ships the Rhoynars came to Dorne with, thus indicating their move to Westeros was definitive.

Edit: never mind, I think I was mistaking it for the book Ten Thousand Ships

How did melisandre enter stannis' s service? Was it a sent by a the religions leaders because they all thought he was aa or is she just a rogue.

According to Martin here: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/6539, Melisandre went to Stannis purely of her own volition

And a follow up to an earlier question , who can bring dead people back to life. I thought thoros could do it because of some red priest power but how did berric dondarrion do it? I think I need to read those chapters again.

As far as who can bring people back to life, no one really knows. It seems that what Beric was able to do was to transfer whatever force was keeping him "alive" to Catelyn, but how exactly this whole process works is extremely unclear

Archived