Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

Hi everyone,

I just finished reading ADwD for the first time and I was wondering : are we really supposed to know that Davos is going to look for Rickon is Skagos ? I just read this on the wiki but if I remember correctly, it's never really said in his chapter. Did i miss something ?

And a follow up to an earlier question , who can bring dead people back to life. I thought thoros could do it because of some red priest power but how did berric dondarrion do it? I think I need to read those chapters again.

I think the power currently animating Catelyn stems from the Old Gods and is being bent by Bloodraven...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/115959-the-power-of-beric-and-catelyn-comes-from-the-old-gods-not-the-lord-of-light-and-jaime-will-be-next/

Hi everyone,

I just finished reading ADwD for the first time and I was wondering : are we really supposed to know that Davos is going to look for Rickon is Skagos ? I just read this on the wiki but if I remember correctly, it's never really said in his chapter. Did i miss something ?

Yeah. IIRC, Wex followed Rickon and Osha all the way to where they found a passage to Skagos.

Meanwhile through the eyes of Jon, in a wolfdream he has, he sees Shaggydog fighting with a unicorn, who are known to live on Skagos.

Hi everyone,

Just to add to RT's answer: it is not spelled out in the text, no. The combination of the unicorn RT mentionned, their reaction when Wex point to the place on the map (nobody like Skags etc.) and the fact that common, we wanna know more about Skagos (or we did even more so before tWoIaF) makes it one of the almost-confirmed theories.

ETA: it is also confirmed in the app.

Only Dacey is mentioned.

And then we have Jon assuming that Maege must have left Alysane, Lyra or Jorelle at Bear Island. And then we have Alysane tell Asha that Lyra and Jorelle are with Maege. So unless Alysane was lying (which I doubt since the George was more likely giving us puzzle pieces) Maege must have returned to Bear Island. According to the most precise timeline she probably had sufficient time to do that if she traveled by ship. Alternatively she could have summoned her two daughters to some other location, but where? Greywater? White Harbor?

And then we have Jon assuming that Maege must have left Alysane, Lyra or Jorelle at Bear Island. And then we have Alysane tell Asha that Lyra and Jorelle are with Maege. So unless Alysane was lying (which I doubt since the George was more likely giving us puzzle pieces) Maege must have returned to Bear Island. According to the most precise timeline she probably had sufficient time to do that if she traveled by ship. Alternatively she could have summoned her two daughters to some other location, but where? Greywater? White Harbor?

Perhaps Maege, Lyra and Jorelle met each other half-way through the journey? Or perhaps Maege simply returned home in between, which begs the question, what does Alysane know regarding a certain will signed by a certain king? ;)

Perhaps Maege, Lyra and Jorelle met each other half-way through the journey? Or perhaps Maege simply returned home in between, which begs the question, what does Alysane know regarding a certain will signed by a certain king? ;)

She absolutely knows that Robb intended for Jon to be is hei. Of course the mistake of fact undermining the proclamation was that Bran an Rickon were not dead. Regardless, that must be the reason Lyanna responded the way she did to Stannis's demand.

Archived