Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

Might be a silly question but is Lyanna's blue winter rose a normal rose or is there a difference in petals etc.also is it light blue?thanks:)

Yes, Winter roses are pale blue and obviously they don't exist naturally in our world. That said, I think a winter rose has the same features and anatomy as a normal RL rose except that it's colour is different.

@Languorous_Maiar It was in a French magazine (Le Nouvel Observateur), because GRRM had taken a trip to France a few months ago. He was responding to a quote from JK Rowling about the fantasy genre : "No sex near the unicorns". He said "There will be unicorns in the next book, and lots of sex"

Of course, that's not the exact wording, as the article was in French.

Can anyone point me to the most detailed summary of the Tyrion sample chapter (not the one published in the app, but the one that was read during a convention)?

I can't keep track of all these sample chapters, but here's one:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96016-twow-spoilers-worldcon-reading-second-tyrion-chapter/

There are lots of trees in the Riverlands, but are any of them pine trees? Summer tries to climb a pine tree inside the walls of Winterfell and Jon notices pines beyond the Wall. Pines generally thrive in northern climates and are rare in warmer place. This actually matters because,

In the Mercy chapter, Nymeria and her great pack are running through a pine forest. Does that mean they're above the Neck? To what end?

Archived