Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

The only helpful time frame I found, is from the wiki referencing World of Ice and Fire as source. So, spoiler tags:

Mormont was elected LC of Night's Watch in 288 AC, 10 years before the present storyline. So, LC Qorgyle's visit must have occurred shortly before, given that Jon and Robb were boys rather than babies.

But still, that doesn't help us narrow the range much: Mance's deflection could have happened 9 or 1 year ago. My speculation is that it happened relatively recent, given how him becoming King of the wildlings is still fresh news in AGOT.

That source is A World of Ice and Fire, not The World of Ice and Fire.

The source is the app, not the World Book. Spoiler tags are unnecessary :)

Jon was quickly able to recall the event, it is therefore unlikely it happened before he was 6, I'd call that the outside.

Jeor became LC in 288 AC, and Jon was born in 283 AC, so it happened somewhere in those 5 years, the visit to Winterfell. Probably closer to the end of it, than to the beginning, of the timeframe.

While Mance being King Beyond the Wall might still be "new" news to those in the North, it will have taken Mance quite some time to gather all the people. And before that, he probably just lived amongst the wildlings.. So I would say that quite some years went over this..

That source is A World of Ice and Fire, not The World of Ice and Fire.

The source is the app, not the World Book. Spoiler tags are unnecessary :)

Jeor became LC in 288 AC, and Jon was born in 283 AC, so it happened somewhere in those 5 years, the visit to Winterfell. Probably closer to the end of it, than to the beginning, of the timeframe.

While Mance being King Beyond the Wall might still be "new" news to those in the North, it will have taken Mance quite some time to gather all the people. And before that, he probably just lived amongst the wildlings.. So I would say that quite some years went over this..

Great, thanks! :)

Archived