Sansa's Chapters in TWOW?

Cavendish

Perhaps ADWD had become too long. Her chapter wasn't the only one removed from ADWD.

I definitely expect her to have a bigger role in TWOW (not that I think her role so far has been small), she will probably become a player in the game of thrones :)

Ah yes, the controversial Sansa chapter. I've even read it was pushed from AFfC, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

It's pretty much assumed that she's going to do something pretty game changing, so it might've just been pushed for plot purposes. I do see her really stepping it up in WOW, though. Whatever it is, hopefully it really pays off.

I am sure I have read somewhere that Sophie Turner says that Sansa will be 'using sex to get what she wants' or something along those lines, in the next series of GoT. Considering how the show Sansa has pretty much caught up with book Sansa's story, maybe it could be to do with that?

How Sansa using/having sex would be 'controversial', I don't know, I think it is pretty much expected, especially in some of the 'pawn to player' threads on here. But I suppose it depends on who it is with...

I hope that she will be getting a bigger, more interesting role in the next book; seeing how she is pretty much the only Stark still in a key political position on Westeros and how long her story has been developing.

I think the only truly controversial development of her story line would be if she was to die in TWoW. Her character has been a slow burner for much of the series, developing to something; to cut it off in TWoW would really be the only thing that could irk me.

I read somewhere that Sansa's chapters in a ADWD were removed. Does anyone know why?

It was one chapter. GRRM moved it (along with the "Mercy" Arya chapter and one or two others) because, quite apart from space concerns, he decided it was really the beginning of a new story arc, so it should lead off the next book, rather than sticking at the end of it.

I am sure I have read somewhere that Sophie Turner says that Sansa will be 'using sex to get what she wants' or something along those lines, in the next series of GoT. Considering how the show Sansa has pretty much caught up with book Sansa's story, maybe it could be to do with that?

TV!Sansa's story is taking a seemingly pretty different track in terms of her development (the destination is, I expect, broadly the same), so I don't think that has much to do with it.

Also, obligatory disclaimer that the "sure-to-be-controversial" chapter is a misinterpretation of what Elio said.

^ Some people are really sexually repressed and just don't want Sansa to be sexual. Seriously there have been threads where people have gotten down right angry at the thought.

I suppose. I never had a problem with Asha getting her needs met. But there is something about desperate orphans that can trigger one's protective instincts. It doesn't help that LF is creepy.

I suppose. I never had a problem with Asha getting her needs met. But there is something about desperate orphans that can trigger one's protective instincts. It doesn't help that LF is creepy.

This, and Elio mentioned the chapter may be controversial to some parts of fandom. I think a pairing between her and Littlefinger would be controversial to most of fandom regardless of her age.

Show Sansa has also been aged up but book Sansa is only about 13 now. If sexuality has anything to do with it, I suspect it may have more to do with Myranda and pillow tax.

Archived