Wonders Made By Man

Urraxbane

...still incomplete? :crying:

I admit I've been rushing it a bit, but I took notes on every mention of Lomas Longstrider/Wonders Made By Man.

Confirmed by the books:

Valyrian roads.
The Wall.
Titan of Braavos.
The triple walls of Qarth.

From TWOIAF:
Long Bridge of Volantis
Palace With A Thousand Rooms in Sarnath of The Tall Towers/Vaes Khewo
Three Bells of Norvos

That's 7. It is implied in ADWD that the Great Pyramid of Ghis is one of them, but it wasn't confirmed. With the Pyramid, we'd have 8.

Apparently Lomas was awestruck by the marvels of Yi Ti, so maybe the Five Forts? Anyway, officially speaking, we're still missing 2 of them.

I've never thought the three bells were that grand nor Sarnath would have something like this. Are these informations from the app?

I think there are still wonders in the far east we have yet to know about, we know there are legendary things there but we don't know what. :drool:

I've never thought the three bells were that grand nor Sarnath would have something like this. Are these informations from the app?

I think there are still wonders in the far east we have yet to know about, we know there are legendary things there but we don't know what. :drool:

From the book.

Note that Lomas does not seem to have gone east of Qarth based on the eight wonders we know of. So probably something like Casterly Rock.

He did, he's mentioned in the section about Leng too.

The five forts are just forts tghst gaurd the passes through the bone mountains and then grew into towns. They would not be among the wonders made by man.

Yeen is very impressive sounding. Unlike anything made by any peoples known.

Archmaester Haereg of Harlaw's notion that the seastone chair was maybe made and left by people from beyond the sunset sea also made me think there are like, unexplainable ancient aliens type artifacts on Planetos

I'd always assumed that the Hightower would be the other wonder in Westeros, beside the Wall (the Eyrie and Highgarden would also be candidates, though).

Casterly Rock could be a natural wonder, I guess.

The five forts are just forts tghst gaurd the passes through the bone mountains and then grew into towns. They would not be among the wonders made by man.

Yeen is very impressive sounding. Unlike anything made by any peoples known.

Archmaester Haereg of Harlaw's notion that the seastone chair was maybe made and left by people from beyond the sunset sea also made me think there are like, unexplainable ancient aliens type artifacts on Planetos

TWOIAF says they're a line of massive citadels large enough to house 10,000 men each. They'd fit the pattern of massive constructions.

Lomas apparently said that the ruins of Yi Ti put ours to shame and was awestruck by its marvels, so maybe something there.

I'd always assumed that the Hightower would be the other wonder in Westeros, beside the Wall (the Eyrie and Highgarden would also be candidates, though).

Casterly Rock could be a natural wonder, I guess.

Yeah, Hightower is a good candidate, but I'm not sure about the Eyrie, Highgarden even less so.

Natural wonders are even less complete, by the way. Only mention I found was of a cavern system north of Norvos.

Didn't expect Three Bells of Norvos tbh :stunned:

Is there a new uptade on the app, because IIRC there was no mention of the Five Forts and Oros in the app.

So we are missing 1 man-made wonder... (yeah I assume Great Pyramid of Old Ghis is among the wonders)

For those asking: I don't know if there's anything new on the app, I just managed to get a copy before the release date.

Have you read all of the east section? I mean, in case there's something else still.

Yes, I wanted to read all of the stuff about Essos first, as I was expecting it to be the one with most new information. I was a bit disappointed, though, specially with the section about the Free Cities. I'd have to check, but I think Myr has 0 new info, for instance.

Archived