Getting Spayed

Lily Valley

Glad everything went OK! I am cooking in your honor.

Up tomorrow! Unless they sent you home without pain medication. In which case, you need to call and chew their asses off...

Kara...you'll be fine as well :) I have confidence in you!

Home! I didn't die. Surgery was delayed for 3 or 4 hours and recovery took twice as long as it should have as I was sharing a nurse with the highest maintenance patient on planet earth. Pain down to a dull roar thanks to WAY TOO MANY drugs. Family here cooking and helping out. I had the NICEST staff ever. They are all getting chocolate from me once I can move.

Thanks for all the support people. This means....

KARA YOU"RE GONNA BE FINE TOO!!!

But who is getting YOU your much-deserved chocolate, hmm? :devil:

And Kara... what do I say in this situation? Good luck? Congratulations? I want one too? It's such a small thing, and such a huge thing. May it be everything you imagine and everything you (and Brook!) deserve. And make her get you chocolate too.

Congrats, Lily - glad everything went swimmingly! Anything messing with your lady bits is always especially nerve-wracking.

I'm turning 38 in March and I'm considering going through with this as well. But my boyfriend and I are only 98% sure we don't want kids, so for now I'm just going to deal with the god-awful pain from my IUD :(

• 2 weeks later...

Day 14 post-op update. I have permission to use my reproductive organs. They didn't tell me I needed a 14 day hiatus until AFTER surgery when I was doped to the gills. I believe I used the "F" word about 100 times. Poor nurse.

Everything turned out fine, but my navel is REALLY UGLY. Hoping that will improve over time. The JOY and FREEDOM cannot be expressed. I thought I'd be sad or wistful. I'm just not.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME! Now please excuse me. I have a whole lot of phone calls to make.

Chats, I would have had a MUCH DIFFERENT WEEKEND before if I had been given a head's up. The nurse mentioned it so casually I told her she had been married too long. It was very impolite on my part, and I apologized.

Keep in mind that 14 days is most of my holiday from school and I had just come off of a breakup and a TERRIBLE semester of 10 hour shifts. I'm looking at another one starting in the next 10 days, so for me it was a BIG (no) FUCKING DEAL. I would have completely scheduled differently if I had known. I took "4 day recovery" to mean "4 day recovery" 4 does not equal 14.

Lany, I've got an inny too and now i have franken-navel. I tend to keloid though, so hopefully the purple will fade in a few years.

Thanks again for the support, y'all. Getting pretty for the New Year. Look out NOLA!

Whoa feeling the fucking nerves now. Just realised my flight is sufficiently early I don't have time for anything on Sat. At this rate I'm going to be in full blown melt down mode tomorrow.

Whoa feeling the fucking nerves now. Just realised my flight is sufficiently early I don't have time for anything on Sat. At this rate I'm going to be in full blown melt down mode tomorrow.

You'll be fine. just remember to breathe (slowly)

Day 14 post-op update. I have permission to use my reproductive organs. They didn't tell me I needed a 14 day hiatus until AFTER surgery when I was doped to the gills. I believe I used the "F" word about 100 times. Poor nurse.

Everything turned out fine, but my navel is REALLY UGLY. Hoping that will improve over time. The JOY and FREEDOM cannot be expressed. I thought I'd be sad or wistful. I'm just not.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME! Now please excuse me. I have a whole lot of phone calls to make.

Glad the recovery is going well...

I can't comment on a woman'a ability to climb back on the horse, but before the surgery I laughed at "no trauma to the groin for 2-3 weeks" when the doc said it. Then he pointed out that "sex is traumatic to the groin, don't even masturbate for a few days" and I thought he was asking the impossible....

Then I had my balls sliced open and tubes ripped out, and believe me. Even if I had permission, nothing was going on for a few weeks there. It's the first time since puberty I was entirely asexual, I didn't even have desires/urges.

Once the swelling went down and the gauze came off I was back to normal, but for a couple of weeks it just wasn't even on the agenda.

Best wishes, Karaddin. I hope all goes well.

Lily, I'm glad the surgery went well and that you seem to be getting better quickly. I'm also glad for the honesty of this thread. While I'm not even a candidate for any surgery yet (boo, hiss), it's all informative stuff to file away for the future. An IUD may be on the cards again, but the memory of the pain hasn't quite faded yet.

Best wishes, Karaddin. I hope all goes well.

Lily, I'm glad the surgery went well and that you seem to be getting better quickly. I'm also glad for the honesty of this thread. While I'm not even a candidate for any surgery yet (boo, hiss), it's all informative stuff to file away for the future. An IUD may be on the cards again, but the memory of the pain hasn't quite faded yet.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the midwives I work with say that if IUD insertion is too painful on the first go, try it toward the end of your period the next time.

Good luck karaddin and continued speedy recovery Lily :)

Archived