Getting Spayed

Lily Valley

Whoa feeling the fucking nerves now. Just realised my flight is sufficiently early I don't have time for anything on Sat. At this rate I'm going to be in full blown melt down mode tomorrow.

OH honey! You're going to be ok! You did all your homework and picked the best surgical team IN THE WORLD. :grouphug: I hope you can get everything done. You don't need that hanging over your head.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the midwives I work with say that if IUD insertion is too painful on the first go, try it toward the end of your period the next time.

Good luck karaddin and continued speedy recovery Lily :)

Yeah I had heard that, but Cerelle stops my periods completely, so I have no cycle. Unless there's a way for them to tell when I should be on my period? I wish they'd put me to sleep, mind :laugh:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the midwives I work with say that if IUD insertion is too painful on the first go, try it toward the end of your period the next time.

Good luck karaddin and continued speedy recovery Lily :)

Yeah I had heard that, but Cerelle stops my periods completely, so I have no cycle. Unless there's a way for them to tell when I should be on my period? I wish they'd put me to sleep, mind :laugh:

I had a legendarily bad IUD insertion the first time - the doc used anesthetic and a medication to relax my uterus, and not only did I almost faint and throw up, I went into labor for 10-12 hours.

I had to have that one removed eventually, and a few years later I got a second one. The doc did not use any anesthetic or other medication on the second and despite my anxiety about a second insertion, for some reason it was nowhere near the nightmare of the first and was much more tolerable.

Both were done towards the end of my period. :dunno:

Well Lily at least I get advance warning. I just got told that getting excited in the next 2 months could cause tearing, bleeding and much pain, so no getting excited. For two months. At least I'll be running on no hormones for 1 of those.

Well Lily at least I get advance warning. I just got told that getting excited in the next 2 months could cause tearing, bleeding and much pain, so no getting excited. For two months. At least I'll be running on no hormones for 1 of those.

I can't even imagine how scared and thrilled you must be. Best of luck to a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Archived