Wow, I never noticed that, v.8

Jon Weirgaryen

If anything was Alexandria wouldn't it be Kings Landing? I mean both the library and lighthouse in Alexandria were destroyed whereas they are whole in Oldtown.

Yes Alexandria is destroyed (foreshadowing? or - probably - crackpot) and Oldtown is not. But to be honest I did not think of that part and dont see it as so important the Pyramids are still standing in Ägytp so ...

It was more the description - very old town - a loot of books - accumulationg knowledge - and if I am not mistaken also the copying of books and than giving them back huge lighthouse.

The Prince of Pentos is chosen "from amongst the forty families." There were forty families of dragonlords in old Valyria.

Posers. Seems like Pentos has delusions of grandeur and is trying to copy old Valyria. Somebody tell them you can't build an empire on cheese alone.

If anything was Alexandria wouldn't it be Kings Landing? I mean both the library and lighthouse in Alexandria were destroyed whereas they are whole in Oldtown.

For now...

Maybe this isn't news and it has been sitting there forever without me noticing it, but still:

I had never noticed that there's a big spoiler about the contents of The Winds of Winter on Amazons webpage:

The Winds of Winter: Book 6 of a Song of Ice and Fire

by George R. R. Martin

Continuing the most imaginative and ambitious epic fantasy since The Lord of the Rings Winter has come at last and no man can say whether it will ever go again. The Wall is broken, the cold dead legions are coming south, and the people of the Seven Kingdoms turn to their queen to protect them. But Daenerys Targaryen is learning what Robert Baratheon learned before her; that it is one thing to win a throne and quite another to sit on one. Before she can hope to defeat the Others, Dany knows she must unite the broken realm behind her. Wolf and lion must hunt together, maester and greenseer work as one, all the blood feuds must be put aside, the bitter rivals and sowrn enemies join hands. The Winds of Winter tells the story of Dany's fight to save her new-won kingdom, of two desperate journeys beyond the known world in to the very hearts of ice and fire, and of the final clomactic battle at Winterfell, with life itself in the balance.

The rest is no news: The book is still not available for ordering nor pre-ordering, and of course, there is no release date at this time.

What if her version of herself was so much different than reality.

"Who's the ugly fat brunette with the grass hat?" Tyrion asked

"SHUT UP TYRION THAT'S "THE DRAGON QUEEN" AND SHE'S "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD""

ETA: Barristan saw her.

ETA: but he became a POV after she was gone. Derp.

Maybe this isn't news and it has been sitting there forever without me noticing it, but still:

I had never noticed that there's a big spoiler about the contents of The Winds of Winter on Amazons webpage:

The Winds of Winter: Book 6 of a Song of Ice and Fire

by George R. R. Martin

Continuing the most imaginative and ambitious epic fantasy since The Lord of the Rings Winter has come at last and no man can say whether it will ever go again. The Wall is broken, the cold dead legions are coming south, and the people of the Seven Kingdoms turn to their queen to protect them. But Daenerys Targaryen is learning what Robert Baratheon learned before her; that it is one thing to win a throne and quite another to sit on one. Before she can hope to defeat the Others, Dany knows she must unite the broken realm behind her. Wolf and lion must hunt together, maester and greenseer work as one, all the blood feuds must be put aside, the bitter rivals and sowrn enemies join hands. The Winds of Winter tells the story of Dany's fight to save her new-won kingdom, of two desperate journeys beyond the known world in to the very hearts of ice and fire, and of the final clomactic battle at Winterfell, with life itself in the balance.

The rest is no news: The book is still not available for ordering nor pre-ordering, and of course, there is no release date at this time.

That is from before the 5 year gap was scrapped so we are a book behind. The spoiler is basically where we will find ourselves at the end of book 6 and at the beginning of ADOS (at least so long as GRRM doesn't over write and have to move chapters again).

There is another spoilery summery which relates to the endings of AFFC and ADWD and beginning of TWOW as it is where the story would have started at the end of the five year gap (Dany's story would have started close to Daznak's Pit)

Put the two together and you can work out where Dany is going from and to in TWOW, that the Others will get past the wall and that the Stark kids will succeed in their training.

Archived