Wow, I never noticed that, v.8

Jon Weirgaryen

Has anyone noticed any "new world" foods at all? Pumpkins, zucchinis, tomatoes, turkeys etc.

"Corn". Prior to european expansion in the americas, "corn" referred to any cereal crop, but I got the sense the books have the modern usage (maize). This could just be my bias.

"Fiery dornish peppers" might refer to chiles.

Salladhor expects the "red comet" to return, suggesting at least a rudimentary understanding of comets.

I can't remember who said it, but in ACoK another character said something about how the comet will go away and won't come back during their lifetimes, so I think it's not that uncommon of knowledge that comets come back, but on very long orbits.

This is Tyrion (I think) talking about Arya after she has disappeared:

"If the Gods are good, she will forget she was ever a Stark. She will marry a burly blacksmith or a baker and live in peace" - its not the exact quote but basically what he said. Hot Pie and Gendry much?

"If the Gods are good, she will forget she was ever a Stark. She will marry a burly blacksmith or a baker and live in peace" - its not the exact quote but basically what he said. Hot Pie and Gendry much?

I think this is Jaime, and I always figured it was about Sansa.. I think the Lannisters believe Arya to be dead..

That came up by Lamprey or AntZ or whatever his name is in Moments of Foreshadowing. I think it was Jaime not Tyrion, no?

Archived