Acrophilia #3: Results

a free shadow

oh well I know there was one acrophobia or philia game where each deadline as a surprise to me. either I was busy or just distracted.

anyway I do not appreciate that bit about how Tywin killed the Reynes at all.

Because Castamere enters several POV consciousness, I am sure, and personally I think that the unique style of the event would be there with the thought. plus the cracks about Tywin would include stuff like 'I hope there's no river nearby' or The Lord Drowner

whats more if GRRM has admitted he had no idea how supernaturally high the measurement he gave the wall really was, why does he compound this by making Casterly Rock fantasy novel huge?

Maybe they've forgotten this game is still going on.

They were reminded of it, not once :ninja:

anyway I do not appreciate that bit about how Tywin killed the Reynes at all.

I do like to know more about what happened there, although I, too, got the feeling GRRM got carried away with the book and was making up a whole new world :ninja:

Round One Clues

1. Marred his nameday. Birth just terminated mother.

2. Moustachioed hostage’s nutritious breakfast’s just toasted majorera.

3. Mired homecoming nightmare. Boots jamming, tacky mud.

4. Misliked harming Northern betrothed. Journeyed towards mortality.

5. Sovereign's obligated. Primogeniture? His daughter.

6. Slow overland progress hinders destiny.

7. Scheming operator primes hookers deftly.

8. Mother's house now broken. Justice to murder.

9. Martial handler nastily baits juvenile trainees; mean-spirited.

10. Sweet offspring plagued. Horrible dermatitis.

11. Silly old punk. Hastily decapitated.

12. Serpentine obdurate Prince. Handsome devil!

13. Maiden has nice boo...iceps. Joke time mandated.

14. Sapient oldest professor happy: Dragons!

Theme: _____________

I do like the clues a lot :ninja:

The deadline for making your guesses is November 15th, 4 AM Machu Picchu time, when you will be wandering the streets, grabbing strangers at their lapels and mumbling: 'What is the theme? What is the theme? What is the meaning of all this?' :ninja: Just kidding, I am certain you will get the theme. This once.

You can once submit your preliminary guesses for the theme and no more than four clues of your choice. I will tell you, if the theme is correct, close to correct or wrong, and how many of your clue guesses are right, but not which ones.

Because of the delay in clue making, I had to shift around my plans on when to accept the preliminaries. There will be no deadline as such, but I will be only able to answer promptly (or at all) in around the next 24 hours or around the last 24 hours before the deadline. I hope you can work with it :ninja:

Do not forget to name your favorite clue before the deadline, too :pirate: Or else you will not get any favorite clue points yourself :P

The characters for Round Two will be arriving shortly. If they do not die on their way.

Clue for Round Two

The clue for round two must be made out of:

WGTMC

or

GFTMACDP.

The deadline is November 15th, 4 AM Machu Picchu time -- the same as making your guesses for the list of the clues of Round One :ninja: The countdown timer is here.

The private messages will be arriving now. Are now sent.

Please note that I have clarified the preliminaries.

You can preliminary guess the theme and up to four clues of your choice. I will answer how many clues you guessed correctly, but not which ones, so you might consider the benefits of guessing one, two or three clues, instead of four. The answer regarding the theme will be given in a form you are a genius/almost is never enough/you tried yes/close/no :ninja:

Good luck :ninja: And might the old gods smile their bloody smiles upon you :ninja:

I'm still working on the clues so haven't even started to think about the theme yet.

Three clues have me totally stumped.

Anyway, no matter how much I think about themes I normally am left :bang: :bawl: :dunce: :dunno:

Got the 'bald' theme near the start of 'philia' but everything else has gone over my own head.

I'm still working on the clues so haven't even started to think about the theme yet.

Three clues have me totally stumped.

Anyway, no matter how much I think about themes I normally am left :bang: :bawl: :dunce: :dunno:

Got the 'bald' theme near the start of 'philia' but everything else has gone over my own head.

I am also stumped by 3 clues. Also troubled with themes. I never get them by flash of inspiration and am too lazy to do any 'work the problem' exercises. Plenty time left though.

actually I had a look and I have nothing for two - so no point sending prelims till I come up with something to check - and there are two others I am doubtful of.

Archived