Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

^We very well may. Just not this year. Characters have been delayed and introduced differently before.

I read through a few Vic chapters last night and I think they might be delaying the Iron Born until season 6. Right now there are way to many plots,places and characters being introduced. If it ends with the Daznag's pitt then that still leaves a lot of time to build them up next season and get the Iron Voyage well on its way early in the season.

I read through a few Vic chapters last night and I think they might be delaying the Iron Born until season 6. Right now there are way to many plots,places and characters being introduced. If it ends with the Daznag's pitt then that still leaves a lot of time to build them up next season and get the Iron Voyage well on its way early in the season.

The Iron fleet isn't sailing to Mereen. Dany captured the Mereenese fleet-93 ships- the exact amount Vic sails off with from the Reach. Coincidence? i think not

I'm afraid that ship has sailed, pun intended.

Not sure that I would call two seasons left for two giant books a "lot of time" to wrap up that story and still introduce an entirely new one and speed it towards the others.

Think they are leaving it tight with the Ironborn in s6, had they feeling that Dragonhorn was the real deal but that seems to not be the case, as Dany already has ships and probably will leave to Westeros mid-to late s6. However I think we will definitely get Euron (hope so) and perhaps Aeron (if he has some part to play in taking down Euron), so I would put those 2 has the only big castings for s6, perhaps the Griffs (however think that role in now given to Trystane).

For season 5?

At least until the end of November, and haven't we heard they may go a week into December?

Cool, so a while yet. It looks like they're just getting into the meat of filming the Winterfell plotline. So fingers crossed for some of the northern lords to appear

Most shows run for seven seasons, if they're allowed to run until then. How many shows do you spot being cut early?

As an example - Joss Whedon cut Firefly after one, however he did do a wrap-up movie. The latest version of Battlestar Galactica seemed to get chopped about a lot to fit into a final, messy season. And the list goes on with V, Revolution.....

There are some that do get allowed to develop, run their original course as planned, have season extensions. NCIS is a prime example here, along with CIS (variants).

I'm leaning more towards an equivalent of what happened with Star Trek's offshoots. TNG, DS9 and Voyager each got allowed to tell their stories in 7 seasons. Each have a good rounding-off episodes. They're the example to follow.

It'd be good to have GOT reach its intended 7th season, covering all the available source material and, fingers crossed, the next book. Maybe GRRM has handed D&D more to work with, and adapt, than anyone of us think. It's been said they've been told the outline of how the books will move along. I should imagine sometime around this time next year, we ought to be in a better place. Work should be well underway for S06, if you can compare with this year.

Anticipation alone ought to tell us S07 is gonna be huge.

What would I like to see in the coming season? Lena getting into a show-stopper of a performance. There's a great cast around her and that ought to help drive her along. Where things didn't work out for GOT regarding awards earlier this year, should see it change, if one member can deliver the gong-winner.

Here's me saying this and I'm not what you'd call a Cersei fan! I do like it when Lena's allowed to shine though. in any role.

Most shows run for seven seasons, if they're allowed to run until then. How many shows do you spot being cut early?

As an example - Joss Whedon cut Firefly after one, however he did do a wrap-up movie. The latest version of Battlestar Galactica seemed to get chopped about a lot to fit into a final, messy season. And the list goes on with V, Revolution.....

Joss Whedon didn't cut anything, FOX did. Joss was planning a multiple season storyarc.

By contrast, GoT is HBO's most watched show ever. They aren't going to cancel it - if anything, HBO would push for more seasons, the way that ABC wanted 10+ seasons of Lost during season 3, and Lindelof and Cuse had to convince the network to let them set the end date because the show could not run forever. GoT is set to last only 7 seasons because D&D want it so.

The Star Trek shows lasting 7 seasons had little to do with telling the story. Out of those three, only DS9 really had a storyarc. TNG and VOY were mostly episodic with hardly over overarching plots.

Joss Whedon didn't cut anything, FOX did. Joss was planning a multiple season storyarc.

By contrast, GoT is HBO's most watched show ever. They aren't going to cancel it - if anything, HBO would push for more seasons, the way that ABC wanted 10+ seasons of Lost during season 3, and Lindelof and Cuse had to convince the network to let them set the end date because the show could not run forever. GoT is set to last only 7 seasons because D&D want it so.

The Star Trek shows lasting 7 seasons had little to do with telling the story. Out of those three, only DS9 really had a storyarc. TNG and VOY were mostly episodic with hardly over overarching plots.

Exactly. Now how are D&D going to convince HBO to end GoT with the 7th season when there's enough material to make more?

There are some that do get allowed to develop, run their original course as planned, have season extensions. NCIS is a prime example here, along with CIS (variants).

I'm leaning more towards an equivalent of what happened with Star Trek's offshoots. TNG, DS9 and Voyager each got allowed to tell their stories in 7 seasons. Each have a good rounding-off episodes. They're the example to follow.

It'd be good to have GOT reach its intended 7th season, covering all the available source material and, fingers crossed, the next book. Maybe GRRM has handed D&D more to work with, and adapt, than anyone of us think. It's been said they've been told the outline of how the books will move along. I should imagine sometime around this time next year, we ought to be in a better place. Work should be well underway for S06, if you can compare with this year.

Anticipation alone ought to tell us S07 is gonna be huge.

What would I like to see in the coming season? Lena getting into a show-stopper of a performance. There's a great cast around her and that ought to help drive her along. Where things didn't work out for GOT regarding awards earlier this year, should see it change, if one member can deliver the gong-winner.

Here's me saying this and I'm not what you'd call a Cersei fan! I do like it when Lena's allowed to shine though. in any role.

This show has been an anonomly for HBO it has broken The Sopranos record, and HBO is like no other cable channel , they are hard to predict.

As I have voiced several times now, as expensive as this show is, it has , seemingly gotten more Buzz than any HBO show I can think of, so much so that even HBO's parent Time-Warner has taken notice.

Still can season 6 top season 5? I am suspecting not, but I don't know, then I don't know what will happen.

In any case from the books , if one culls the elaborations and filigree (I love on the page) GRRM has just about set all the major players up on the board for the endgame, so man!, season 6 should be a ton of consolidation.

George could go on inventing characters and arc but even then the story gets to chaotic to bring to a conclusion. Me thinks that he has gotten the message and has to do a wrap in two novels.

All that said , even tho I like Lena, I think things in KL have got be en-capsuled , not enough characters left there or much power playing to do... all the action is set to take place everywhere else.

How do suppose the Arya / Trant scene will go down? Since Trant would recognize Arya, I think the setting will be her approaching him while he's walking alone, or possibly sneaking into his room, rather than luring him away from guard duty for sex which would be majorly squicky anyway.

Trant doesn't have that much dialogue in the Trant / Syrio scene. He says "Arya Stark, come with me", and "Foreign Bastard" when Syrio intervenes; Trant says something like "Kill the Bravosi, take the girl", he complains about his soldiers being incompetent, and that's about it.

I could see Arya saying something about "kill the Bravosi, take the girl". I bet Arya will say Syrio's line about "What do we say to the God of death?", since that line has been a huge theme for her and did feature in Syrio's death scene.

The Arya / Sandor scene from season 4 about Syrio's death must have been written with an eye to the future Arya / Trant encounter. I think it will be very interesting to see how the show ties together Arya's lessons from Syrio and Sandor in murdering Trant.

Trant doesn't have that much dialogue in the Trant / Syrio scene. He says "Arya Stark, come with me", and "Foreign Bastard" when Syrio intervenes; Trang says something like "Kill the Bravosi, take the girl", he complains about his soldiers being incompetent, and that's about it.

Yes I like "What do you say to the god of death?"

Arya says "Not today? No! Today!"

How do suppose the Arya / Trant scene will go down? Since Trant would recognize Arya, I think the setting will be her approaching him while he's walking alone, or possibly sneaking into his room, rather than luring him away from guard duty for sex which would be majorly squicky anyway.

Trant doesn't have that much dialogue in the Trant / Syrio scene. He says "Arya Stark, come with me", and "Foreign Bastard" when Syrio intervenes; Trang says something like "Kill the Bravosi, take the girl", he complains about his soldiers being incompetent, and that's about it.

I could see Arya saying something about kill the Bravosi, take the girl. I bet Arya will say Syrio's line about "What do we say to the God of Death?", since that line has been a huge theme for her and did feature in Syrio's death scene.

The Arya / Sandor scene from season 4 about Syrio's death must have been written with an eye to the future Arya / Trant encounter. I think it will be very interesting to see how the show ties together Arya's lessons from Syrio and Sandor in murdering Trant.

What about: "bloody oafs"?

Archived