Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

There's no reason to fear that, Jack Bauer. Also while the thread is young, remember there will be spoilers. If you want to remain Unsullied I'd be VERY CAREFUL around here. If not, reading the books would be WAY more enjoyable than finding things out through filming leaks and speculation.

The only news on Gendry is Maisie giving an unclear answer when asked about him in a FlicksandtheCity interview.

As for Yara there hasn't been any news but she'll likely be in s5 in some capacity, playing out the Asha ADWD chapters. My guess is she returns to Pyke briefly, is assigned to Deepwood Motte, fights and joins Stannis and then fights in the Battle of Ice.

Great Summary Seneti!!

The only news on Gendry is Maisie giving an unclear answer when asked about him in a FlicksandtheCity interview.

As for Yara there hasn't been any news but she'll likely be in s5 in some capacity, playing out the Asha ADWD chapters. My guess is she returns to Pyke briefly, is assigned to Deepwood Motte, fights and joins Stannis and then fights in the Battle of Ice.

Has somebody been able to get an interview with Gemma? Somebody has got to get some info out of her, no matter how little it is.

Has anyone else got the feeling that some of the wildling will join Stannis going towards WF,thus replacing the Mountain Clans?

It seems that very little info came out of RingCon. YOU'D THINK that someone would have asked her. I guess not.

The Wildlings/Mountain Clans thing would be a prudent piece of adaptation. (Before someone brings up the leaked facebook script thing again which hinted at that, it's worth nothing that folks here and on other ASOIAF/GoT fansites speculated about that possibility before the phony leak came out).

Seneti, I would say that we know for sure that we know that the extended Greyjoy family is cut since we know that the AFFC Ironborn plot is cut

Disagree. We know that the IB storyline is not in season 5. That's quite different from being cut entirely, and means that Euron (who is named on HBO's site) will at least get name drops and will probably have a modified storyline in season 6 when his actions start to matter and the Southern storyline is ready for his introduction as their main, unexpected antagonist.

We may indeed still get Euron...Mel could drop a prophecy toward the end of the season about the Night's King returning to the Iron Islands. Obviously, this is majorly incorrect with some small amount of truth in that a king does return to the Iron Islands...but not the Night's King. I say Night's King because some of the prophecies Dany gets about Euron almost make him sound like a servant to the Great Other in some capacity, be it knowingly or unwittingly.

Under:

*Major story events deduced from leaked set photos

Why no info included about all the photos and on-set clips we have seen about Meereen in Spain?

O there is.

Well I would have just had a line.

- Daznak's pit

It seems that very little info came out of RingCon. YOU'D THINK that someone would have asked her. I guess not.

Supposedly

Ian McElhinney ,Gemma Whelan and Art Parkinson were at Belfast Film & Comic Con this last Sat. and Sun.

Anybody find anything out?

Interesting that Gemma and Art where in Belfast...

Art lives there, I think. There's a chance he may be back this year, of course, there was a Spanish-language interview with Natalia Tena linked in the wotw comments the other day where she confirmed that they'd return to the show eventually (she neglected to say when though IIRC) BUT him being in Belfast isn't necessarily an indicator of Rickon's return. Gemma being in Belfast is news though. Let's hope she's there some more in the coming weeks.

I wonder what is filming in Northern Ireland?

After all in last week or more? Sophie Turner and Gwendoline Christie have been working.

All the attention has been on Spain.

In fact Gwen returns after what seems a long break.

Seems someone seems to have spotted Natalie Dormer and Diana Rigg in Dubrovnik, so we can speculate on what kind of story is going on around 'The Walk' (which seems to be the only thing people are interested in).

Archived