R+L=J v.111

Salafi Stannis

You know I am on your side on the A+J=T theory, but I am less optimistic than you about the extent to which WoIaF will settle any issues regarding AJT. My copy won't be delivered until next week, so I am counting on people who have the book already or get it tomorrow to fill me in on these details.

As to Rhaegar news, I think a relatively positive portrayal of Rhaegar is interesting (even though it does not change any theory) because it seems to be a clue that GRRM is going to reveal RLJ in Book 6 (as I have suspected) and not wait until Book 7. He is preparing more people for the reveal that Rhaegar is not an evil kidnapper.

We will see tomorrow!!!!

I disagree.

We DO need something else on R+L=J. We need Martin to fucking confirm it already so we can just move on.

Well that's not going to happen until the Most Interesting Man in Westeros decides to show back up.

I really fear that Howland isn't going to live up to the hype that's been placed on him.

Jon Snow is lying in bed, recovering from his, when Howland Reed suddenly bursts through the door.

HR: You're a Targaryen!

JS: WTF?

HR: Yup, you're the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryan and Lyanna Stark. I'm here to whisk you away to Hogw- er, I mean, King's Landing!

JS: *dies of a heart attack*

This is not the same story JonCon tells in DwD, LOL.

More victories were to come for Lord Robert and the stormlords as they marched to join forces with Lord Arryn and the Northmen who supported their cause. Rightly famed is Robert’s grand victory at Stoney Sept, also called the Battle of the Bells, where he slew the famous Ser Myles Mooton — once Prince Rhaegar’s squire — and five men besides, and might well have killed the new Hand, Lord Connington, had the battle brought them together. The victory sealed the entry of the riverlands into the conflict, following the marriage of Lord Tully’s daughters to Lords Arryn and Stark.

Jon Snow is lying in bed, recovering from his, when Howland Reed suddenly bursts through the door.

HR: Yup, you're the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryan and Lyanna Stark. I'm here to whisk you away to Hogw- er, I mean, King's Landing!

No, Rick Grimes bursts through the door due to a rift in shows and everyone dies.

Lmao [emoji38]

This is not the same story JonCon tells in DwD, LOL.

More victories were to come for Lord Robert and the stormlords as they marched to join forces with Lord Arryn and the Northmen who supported their cause. Rightly famed is Robert’s grand victory at Stoney Sept, also called the Battle of the Bells, where he slew the famous Ser Myles Mooton — once Prince Rhaegar’s squire — and five men besides, and might well have killed the new Hand, Lord Connington, had the battle brought them together. The victory sealed the entry of the riverlands into the conflict, following the marriage of Lord Tully’s daughters to Lords Arryn and Stark.

It's the same Arya hears when she's with the Brotherhood. I suppose it's the "official" version.

There is also

Daemon Sand saying Jon was Rhaegar's squire

when Jon remembers different. I personally trust Jon on that one. On the other one, I'm 50/50.

Archived