R+L=J v.111

Salafi Stannis

Men like small women because everything looks big in comparison :dunno:

(or so I have been told...)

IMO, I'm a fan of cute over sexy, so I guess the size comes into play there.

Back somewhat vaguely on topic, are we sure Lyanna was short? I don't remember the books saying either way, although I'm far from the expert.

Back somewhat vaguely on topic, are we sure Lyanna was short? I don't remember the books saying either way, although I'm far from the expert.

I never got the impression that she was- as far as I can remember, we are never told how tall she was.

I don't know why but I picture Lyanna to be tall. I have no idea why.

I'm 6'6", 245 pounds...

Wow, 6'5" & 165 pounds - that is like Super-Thin, on the verge of being dead . I bounce between 7 & 8% body fat & weight 245, so 165 is like not healthy... But I take your meaning it is definitely not easy finding pants when your are this tall & thin...

I kinda like tall girls myself. I have a couple apartments & a condo & they are all spread out (Houston, South Mississippi, & West Florida). I try & maintain a gf at each location, but it's not always easy... Right now they are 5'6", 5'9" & 5'10"... The short one, Cheri is by far the strongest / toughest / most fit one of the three, there is nothing frail about her, she would eat the other two for breakfast...4

Way more foreshadowing besides Bran's Vision (which is a vision of both real-time & future events) suggest that Jon's Body will be trapped in the Ice Cells for quite some time, where his consciousness will be unable to reach his body... I will not only write list the foreshadowings, but also include points of general writing mechanics & SSMs:

1. When Jon Snow was walking through the tunnel in AGOTs, he stopped to look at the ice & saw his reflection
  2. When Jon Snow was visiting the Karstark in the Ice Cell, he saw his reflection dimly in the ice
  3. GRRM stated that there was a very important plot-driving reason for the fact that the Wall blocks warg communications
  4. GRRM reminded us of the Ice Cells numerous times in the last book... Meaning that they will come into play, not doubt about it...
  5. We saw that Jon had to assign men to shovel 6' of snow drifts away from the ice cell doors or else the snow would pile up, turn to ice, and there would be no way to access the people in the cells... These snow drifts were freshly cleaned at the time of Jon's stabbing... meaning that the Ice Cells can be accessed at this time. NOTE: it is likely that the new leader at the wall will not think to keep these doors free from snow drifts.

How do we know that Bran's Vision represented Real-Time events and future events?

1. Jamie Lannister (the Shadow knight in gold) and the Hound are mentioned as being between Sansa & Arya & Sir Robert Strong... Protecting them from Sir Robert Strong... Roberto Strong was yet to be invented at this time & Mountain was not present at Dairy.
  2. Arya was said to be holding her secrets hard to her heart... Arya did not have any secrets at this time...
  3. Jon is described as "his skin growing pale & hard as memory of all warmth fled from him" This has yet to happen, GRRM has never described Jon's skin as being 'pale' or 'hard' (FROZEN)... Immediately after this description the books say "And Bran looked beyond the wall", as if he was looking directly at the wall whenever he sees Jon's "skin growing poe & hard as memory of all warmth fled from him"

----

Jon's body will die, be resurrected, then be thrown into the ice cells when it is found to be in a vegetable-like state after the resurrection. Once in the ice cells, the doors will freeze over & Jon's body itself will freeze. It will remain frozen in this state for a long time... probably until Dany reaches the wall, finds a blue rose growing, then finds Jon's body & performs some sort of instinctive ceremony (much like when she woke her dragons) at the same time that the Red Comet reappears & bam, AA will be reborn into Jon's body... AA will fully exploit the R+L connection, as well as Jon's claim to Winterfell...

****checks to make sure he's not on the TV board***

Lol, I thought we might have moved to GenChat :p

On height and on topic-- I picture Lyanna relatively slight, due to the description of KotLT and the comparison with Arya. Of course she could have had a late growth spurt, but I doubt she was above average height.

Which is 5'5" for a woman, and like sj4iy I barely top it at 5'6". (Although I can still rock 5'10" in decent heels-- sorry BQ! ;) )

Back ot-- I can think of at least one woiaf detail (that's been well spoilered for some of us) that will bear discussing here :D :rolleyes: :drool:

As she passed the armory, Arya heard the ring of a hammer. A deep orange glow shone through the high windows. She climbed to the roof and peeked down. Gendry was beating out a breastplate. When he worked, nothing existed for him but metal, bellows, fire. The hammer was like part of his arm. She watched the play of muscles in his chest and listened to the steel music he made. He’s strong, she thought. As he took up the long-handled tongs to dip the breastplate into the quenching trough, Arya slithered through the window and leapt down to the floor beside him.

He did not seem surprised to see her. “You should be abed, girl.” The breastplate hissed like a cat as he dipped it in the cold water. “What was all that noise?”

Anyone connected this to Robert's hammer and Rhaegar's breast plate? At this time, Arya was trying to convince Gendry to escape Harrenhal.

Back ot-- I can think of at least one woiaf detail (that's been well spoilered for some of us) that will bear discussing here :D :rolleyes: :drool:

Which one? I swear, nothing is as exciting as knowing you can't comment on it just yet. Hint me, me gots the book.

Archived