Ran on TWoIaF and more|Reddit AMA

Moondancer

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2kgfy7/spoilers_all_ama_with_authors_of_the_world_of_ice/

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2kgg2o/spoilers_all_ama_with_authors_of_the_world_of_ice/

Great read!

So, Ran & Linda believe in TKotLT is Lyanna. Hm, could it be that in your earnest belief you ventured to hint at it in, say, TWoIaF?? :D

If there's one specific thing we think fans will find particularly interesting, it's probably the account of the reign of Aerys II, the Mad King, since it comes so near to matters touching on A Song of Ice and Fire.

(!)

What perception of a character you previously held changed after reading?

Viserys II. Way back when, George provided a description of Viserys and other Targaryen kings to fan artist Amok, and the "shrewd and calculating" bit gave a certain indication of the sort of man he was... but then reading about him in his youth, in George's material on the regency period of Aegon III's reign, you find some surprises. Shrewd? Yes, but I'd say a sort of lively brightness -- a whip-smart kid, full of life and energy. There are, alas, some bits that will have to wait for Fire and Blood to get out there, but we found young Viserys very simpatico.

:cheers:

Ok so the GNC is probs not true, but a northern conspiracy certainly is. Good.

Oh good Cleganebowl and Bolt-on are not true like both these theories have giant holes which believers just ignored which confused me so much.

I really need to see the entire Dance of the Dragons. It is truly one of my favourite parts of the entire history. Fire and Blood can't come to soon!

The star chart sounds amazing! I wonder if it was drawn up but not included? Or if it just never took shape?

There is a northern conspiracy no doubt. But the GNC with Jon or Rickon as King, I do not think so. Nobody needs a new king in the middle of winter.

But don't worry, the northern lords aren't sitting idle. Barbrey Ryswell/Dustin will totally still off Ramsay, considering House Dustin is a goner anyway.

What was your favorite piece that was left on the cutting room floor when editing this book?

The full account of the Dance of the Dragons. As it is, though, fans have seen a heavily redacted form of it in "The Princess and the Queen". But there's some incidents and characters that disappear almost entirely.

You know what happened to Daemon and you won't tell us!! And if BR doesn't tell us, and the maesters are clearly clueless, we are doomed.

George provided a text concerning the regency in Aegon III's reign, following the end of the Dance of the Dragons, which was really just full of amazing details and characters and events. We have, by necessity, a very abbreviated paraphrase of it in the book because the section needed to be proportionate to everything else, but we wish we could have had the whole thing in there. It's an incredible period, full of intrigues. Fans will have quite a few treats awaiting them if George publishes Fire and Blood after he's done with the series.

:drool:

The 28th is two hours for me and I'm really excited for the discussion to begin (actually I'll be asleep by then).

But this really has me wondering, what did happen to Daemon? People like him don't just fly away never to be seen again. The extended TPatQ should allude to something (another reason why I NEED it now) and I really do think it has something to do with Stepstones.

The 28th is two hours for me and I'm really excited for the discussion to begin (actually I'll be asleep by then).

But this really has me wondering, what did happen to Daemon? People like him don't just fly away never to be seen again. The extended TPatQ should allude to something (another reason why I NEED it now) and I really do think it has something to do with Stepstones.

The theory is that the Green Men saved him and he may have joined their ranks.

Peacable green men devoted to anti-war save an extremely vengeful and belligerent individual? Sorry but I don't see it? Alys Rivers has the answer to this question most probably, but who knows who she is a bastard of, probably a Bracken. I still think Nettles+Sheepstealer+Daemon = Stepstones, it just seems like a natural place for Daemon to go. Or maybe Valyria, spooky <_<

Peacable green men devoted to anti-war save an extremely vengeful and belligerent individual? Sorry but I don't see it? Alys Rivers has the answer to this question most probably, but who knows who she is a bastard of, probably a Bracken. I still think Nettles+Sheepstealer+Daemon = Stepstones, it just seems like a natural place for Daemon to go. Or maybe Valyria, spooky <_<

Would the peacable green men know that Daemon was an asshole? Wouldn't they save anybody who washed ashore? Nettles' fate is in the worldbook. I won't say anymore.

He was destroying a heart tree in Harrenhal. They know who is is. Nettles fate was not in the book?

He didn't destroy the heart tree. He carved it. The Children of the Forest would carve them as well, admittedly for a different reason.

As for Nettles

Re-read the brief bit on the burned men.

Didn't catch the tidbit on the foul-mouthed girl in the first read. That's why I'm telling people to read in chronological order. Else you start complaining why certain things aren't in there when they are actually in there and you have to look.

Ran and Linda may know what happened to Daemon, but, as I've said many times, if he survived then he may actually resurface in the main series, or in Dunk & Egg story. There would be no reason to not include his death in the story if he is dead in the present.

Archived