Ran on TWoIaF and more|Reddit AMA

Moondancer

Always glad to see Ran call out the Oberyn poisoned Tywin theory as bullshit :)

I am quite confident with that theory. There is a saying in our language which can be translated literally as: "Those who know much err much" :)

Hahahaha. Thank god.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL That's not the only thing I'm laughing at, myself. That is quite the list of theories with a basic NO. I have to laugh at the the Howland/High Septon making it to the list of NOs, how long has that one even been around?

Thanks for the Dance, though, I'm doing one of my own.

Going old school tomorrow, sitting out front Barnes and Noble and I will be the first person in the store and the first to buy The World tomorrow.

Day off from work, babysitter lined up, epic day.

I hope I'll get my hands on it tomorrow. I ordered it months ago, but my internet store is screwing up with dates and different editions.

This is the basic decision I'm weighing right now. Go to the bookstore tomorrow ( I LOVE a good visit to the bookstore) or quick order over the net. Decisions, decisions, LOL

I haven't yet read the whole book (if I read it all, I will find myself with nothing to do... and there is a looong wait for tWoW) nor the interview, but about Viserys, I agree. Viserys II by amok looked like an old creep who gave candy to the children to lure them into his van (here). Viserys II in book is haaaaaaaawt.

(I like Amok's Aegon I better, though).

Quentyn isn't alive? Noooooooooooo....

(no, really... where Ran lives? I might send him flowers. No chocolate because I wanted tywin being poisoned.).

ETA: I like the theory on Dawn. Maybe that's why R and A became friends? :dunno:

LOL I mostly always said no to Tywin being poisoned by Oberyn (or anyone else) but I was FINALLY starting to like that (cause, well, Oberyn and his cryptic comment to Tyrion. Then again, maybe he just meant, yeah, I will get to Big Daddy Lannister, too) oh well. I must be somewhat gullible because I am also starting to fear/think that Jojen paste could be true (did I miss a yes or no on that in the article?)

I haven't yet read the whole book (if I read it all, I will find myself with nothing to do... and there is a looong wait for tWoW) nor the interview, but about Viserys, I agree. Viserys II by amok looked like an old creep who gave candy to the children to lure them into his van (here). Viserys II in book is haaaaaaaawt.

(I like Amok's Aegon I better, though).

Yeah but it is understandable that he would look pretty rough after having to deal with Daeron I and Baelor I, and having future Aerys IV as a son, not to mention his life up to that.

Quentyn isn't alive? Noooooooooooo....

(no, really... where Ran lives? I might send him flowers. No chocolate because I wanted tywin being poisoned.).

ETA: I like the theory on Dawn. Maybe that's why R and A became friends? :dunno:

I know!!!! It was a great just-so story!

The thing about that theory is that I doubt we'll ever hear a definitive answer in the text (wouldn't make sense story-wise) so the clingers will trumpet it loudly and continue to put forth their arguments unless GRRM himself addresses it, which he won't.

Even if he did I could see them still clinging on. Tenacious clingers abound here. Seems that lately theories only rely on not being disproven over actually being proven.

Ok so the GNC is probs not true, but a northern conspiracy certainly is. Good.

Oh good Cleganebowl and Bolt-on are not true like both these theories have giant holes which believers just ignored which confused me so much.

I really need to see the entire Dance of the Dragons. It is truly one of my favourite parts of the entire history. Fire and Blood can't come to soon!

The star chart sounds amazing! I wonder if it was drawn up but not included? Or if it just never took shape?

Although I knew it was horribly improbable, I always liked the Bolt-on theory, it, like the Frey pies, never has to be proven or disproven, it may have very limited effect on the story, however it is certainly a very interesting idea, kind of sad they killed it.

I like that they called bullshit on the "Heresy" threads as well. Pretentious and annoying, they are. Stop them, we must.

So what if they called it a BS? Does it change anything? Absolutely not.

I mean, Ran and Linda are not GRRM. And until I hear from GRRM himself, I am taking this as one man's opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Although I knew it was horribly improbable, I always liked the Bolt-on theory, it, like the Frey pies, never has to be proven or disproven, it may have very limited effect on the story, however it is certainly a very interesting idea, kind of sad they killed it.

They didn't kill it... They expressed their opinion in a bit unusual way, but they didn't kill those theories. Howland Reed isn't High Septon, not because Ran and Linda said they are 2 different persons, but because what we know from the books. So, wait for future installments so we would see what is true and what is false.

Just because Ran doesn't think Tywin was poisoned doesn't mean he wasn't. It's one of those things that you can believe whatever you want since there is no one left in the story who can confirm or invalidate the theory, and there is enough hints to the theory that it's not one of the theories that Ran alludes to that has no basis in the text.

Archived