Ran on TWoIaF and more|Reddit AMA

Moondancer

That extract of Yandell's on Robert's Rebellion was sickening. Most of all the way he referred to Eddard as a mere afterthought, when in fact Eddard was the primary military strategist and best battle commander of the Rebellion. Robert was a mere figurehead. Good for raising his hammer, shouting "Freeedoooom" and charging head first into the fray.

All the thinking had to be done by Ned.

Man, don't get emotional. Robert was the King after all and I don't think he was just a mere figurehead

This book is being given to members of the Baratheon dynasty. It is bound to be a little sycophantic on some points. BTW, Edwyle's sister Jocelyn was not married to a member of House Royce but to Benedict Rodgers (House Rodgers of Amberly is a Stormlands House). Should we conclude that Catelyn doesn't know jackshit about the Starks?

That's a very annoying error. In fact, when George sent his final notes, he mistakingly made him Benedict Vance, and that's how he appeared in the draft tree. We pointed out the issue and we corrected it to Royce... or so we thought we did. I fear someone on the layout side of things messed up. I recall they tended to misspell Rogers as Rodgers, too, so ... yeah.

That'll be fixed in the digital edition eventually, but in any case, errata: Benedict "Rodgers" -> Benedict Royce

That's a very annoying error. In fact, when George sent his final notes, he mistakingly made him Benedict Vance, and that's how he appeared in the draft tree. We pointed out the issue and we corrected it to Royce... or so we thought we did. I fear someone on the layout side of things messed up. I recall they tended to misspell Rogers as Rodgers, too, so ... yeah.

That'll be fixed in the digital edition eventually, but in any case, errata: Benedict "Rodgers" -> Benedict Royce

Ok, I see. There's also another Harrold Rogers married to Branda Stark (one of the daughters of Rodrik the Wandering Wolf). Is it a mistake also? Which branch of House Royce do they belong to? Catelyn talked about a younger son of Lord Raymar Royce from a lesser branch of House Royce. But in the books, the only known cadet branch is the one headed by Nestor Royce and they became Lord only during Littlefinger's tenure as Lord Protector

Wow.

Guys, I noted in that thread that the question was being responded to as fans. Nothing in our opinions come from discussions we've had with George. We don't talk fan theories with him, there's more interesting stuff to talk about, and we like the mysteries.

So basically all you say is: that is my (our) opinion on theories. We think they are false. YET! That is your theory and thus it all may still be true. Since you have no real George confirmation.

Ha!

;)

Yandel definitely writes with a pro-Baratheon bias, but that's to be expected. He dedicated the book to Robert/Joffery/Tommen. He was sucking up.

I started to list stuff here (oops!) but this thread isn't spoiler marked. We should have a dedicated thread for discussing Yandel's biases.

Yandel definitely writes with a pro-Baratheon bias, but that's to be expected. He dedicated the book to Robert/Joffery/Tommen. He was sucking up.

I started to list stuff here (oops!) but this thread isn't spoiler marked. We should have a dedicated thread for discussing Yandel's biases.

Then, Yandel might want to tear some pages quickly if fAegon takes Oldtown :)

So one page after Rhaegar's death in TWOIAF, the only mention of Mance in the book happens to be on the page of parchment that was tampered with?

Of course the old SSM tells us Rhaegar was cremated, but this is a cruel and unusual placement for Mance.

LOL, I went to check, it's true :lol:

For a moment, I felt a bit of panic for this theory becoming true...

Archived