[TWOIAF Spoilers] Inconsistency or Intentional?

http://www.westeros.org/BoD/FAQ/Entry/What_is_a_MUSH

This is a mush

So we can assume that besides the novels only TWOIAF and TLOIAF are canon?

Yup.

But I think some of the family trees have some truth in them. Not sure though.

Asoiaf, Tloiaf, Twoiaf, P&Q and Rogue Prince and Dunk and Egg series are all canon.

In tWoIaF, it was mentioned that Stafford was the eldest son and heir of Ser Jason. However, in ConCarolinas reading, it was said that Stafford's mother Marla Prester was the second wife if Jason. Jason's first wife gave him a son called Damon according to tWoIaF, which was conflicted to Stafford being an heir. [unless before Stafford was captured, Damon had been dead and his son Damion was not born or just a baby and somehow Marla helped Stafford jump over Damion and made her own son as heir to Jason.]

I believe tWoIaF publication is considered cannon. So if there is no underlying suggestion we should count ConCarolinas nothing, even not a semi-cannon.

I believe it's been mentioned before that the Westerlands section was written before the family tree was completed. Originally Jason wasn't supposed to have issue with Alys Stackspear, I don't think (it's said she died in childbirth in the ConCarolinas reading, but no mention of any living children). When doing the family trees, GRRM decided to work Damion in there and didn't update the Westerlands section to address the discrepancy.

Here's a potential inconsistency. The Iron Islands section (particularly The Old Way and the New) tells us the following: As lord, however, Quellon preferred to walk the road of peace. He forbade reaving, save by his leave. He brought maesters to the Iron Islands by the score, to serve as healers to the sick and tutors to the young; with them came their ravens, whose black wings would tie the isles to the green lands tighter than ever before.

In The Princess and the Queen, we're told that Otto Hightower sent a raven to Dalton Greyjoy.

I say this is a potential inconsistency because it could very well be that Otto sent the raven to an intermediary who communicated with Dalton Greyjoy. It's also possible that the Iron Islands had maesters (or at least ravens) at that time and got rid of them later, only for Quellon to bring them back. It would seem if the latter was the case, though, it would possibly have occurred alongside the expulsion of the Faith of the Seven from the Iron Islands which happened during the reign of Aenys I, well before Dalton Greyjoy.

Just out of curiosity, for those of us who don't have a digital version of the book, will there be an "official" compilation with all the fixes made available at a certain point? By "official" I mean anything from as a simple as a locked thread with all the fixes to maybe a word document we can download from here to maybe a free or very cheap digital version (not of the entire world book) of the fixes to be downloaded form amazon, android and apple app stores... etc.?

I wondered why the wiki says lotus port like Tloiaf, while ran confirmed it as lotus point as named in Twoiaf.

Any clarification?

Because it was mistakenly labeled Lotus Port in The Lands of Ice and Fire. Every mention in the books says point.

Edit: someone should change it, but I'm not sure how to rename pages.

Problem regarding the Age of the Hundred Kingdoms:

THE STORMLANDS

[The Andals invaded and eventually intermingled with the First Men of the Stormlands, and the Children of the Forest were forgotten]

House Durrandon reached its greatest heights in

the epoch that followed. During the Age of the Hundred

Kingdoms, King Arlan I (the Avenger) swept all before

him, extending the borders of his kingdom as far as the

Blackwater Rush and the headwaters of the Mander. His

great-grandson King Arlan III crossed both the Blackwater

and the Trident and claimed the riverlands in their entirety,

at one point planting his crowned stag banner on the shores

of the Sunset Sea.

This would seem to indicate that the "Age of the Hundred Kingdoms" lasted almost until the Targaryen Conquest itself.

Or at least, up until about 300+ years before, when the other kingdoms had finished consolidating.

Then again, of the four major kingdoms on the Proto-Reach, there were 1 - "The Reach" proper, the northern half along the Mander, ruled by House Gardener, 2 - Oldtown to the headwaters of the Honeywine, southern half, ruled by House Hightower, 3 - the western marches, "from Horn Hill to Nightsong", 4 - the Arbor.

....yet....the section on "Oldtown" states that Garland II Gardener won the Oldtown kingdom through marriage-alliance, AND that it was the LAST of the three other kingdoms to be united under Highgarden. AND the section on "The Reach" establishes fairly clearly that Garland II Gardener lived BEFORE the Andal invasion!

So we've got an "Age of the Hundred Kingdoms" (though stated to not literally be that many).....which extended all the way to the Targaryen Conquest?

Specifically, what was the "Age of the Hundred Kingdoms"?

• Everything between the Andal Invasion and the Targaryen Conquest?
  • A generic term for "anything before the Targaryen Conquest", preceded only by the Age of Heroes? (Did the Age of Heroes end with the Long Night or the Andal Invasion?)
  • Everything from post-Long Night to...slightly before the Targaryen Conquest, when things had solidified into about 8 or so major kingdoms in Westeros?

Archived