[TWOIAF Spoiler] Targaryen Lineage

MoIaF

Yeah, Willam Stark and Melthana Blackwood was Aegons time. The last Blackwood/Stark marriage was between Alysanne and someone during the Dance. Also Benjicot Blackwood married a Baratheon at this time. Sorry I gave my book to someone to borrow so I can't quite remember.

Yeah that was Cregan Stark married Ally Blackwood instead of a Targaryen princess

Yeah, Willam Stark and Melthana Blackwood was Aegons time. The last Blackwood/Stark marriage was between Alysanne and someone during the Dance. Also Benjicot Blackwood married a Baratheon at this time. Sorry I gave my book to someone to borrow so I can't quite remember.

Willam Stark married Melantha Blackwood, their son, Edwyle, was Lord Rickards father, Eddards grandfather.. That's the last Stark/Blackwood marriage.

Oh ok, so he married 4 times?

I still think its CotF blood that matters, not Blackwood blood. Blackwoods probably could have had CotF blood, as could Starks, but I doubt many other houses do.

Really what is the blood of a single family against that of an entire race? Why would the Blackwoods be so special if they were purely FM blood? Hence, I don't think they are.

My guess is that Daella and Dunk eventually marry, Daella dies, Dunk joins the KG, and a daughter of that union is Brienne's grandmother (Daella is Egg's elder sister and the one he was supposed to marry, making it brilliant irony if she instead falls for Dunk). But that's stated nowhere in the text. All we get is that there are recent blood ties between the Tarths and the Targaryens, which honestly only leaves Rhae, Daella, and Maegor, or any of their children.

However Maegor is too young to father the mother of Lord Selwyn, if I'm not mistaken.

The fact that Rhae's husband is not mentioned, is intriguing, too.

So if this will be true, excluding Tommen and Myrcella, technically Brienne is the Targaryen heir after Dany, Stannis and Shireen (and assuming Aegon as false). This doesn't mean I think she will end on the throne, but it could be interesting.

That's what I mean, I wouldn't put it pass him either. :idea:

The whole imprisonment thing seems weird to me, there is obviously something there that we don't know of which will probably be explained in the later books. I do think that Bloodraven travels to the Wall was on purpose.

I think that BR volunteered to go to the Wall, maybe because of his calling?, but I cannot understand about the prison.

So if this will be true, excluding Tommen and Myrcella, technically Brienne is the Targaryen heir after Dany, Stannis and Shireen (and assuming Aegon as false). This doesn't mean I think she will end on the throne, but it could be interesting.

Not neccessarily. Just because Daella married a Tarth, doesn't mean she had kids with one.

Oh ok, so he married 4 times?

I still think its CotF blood that matters, not Blackwood blood. Blackwoods probably could have had CotF blood, as could Starks, but I doubt many other houses do.

Really what is the blood of a single family against that of an entire race? Why would the Blackwoods be so special if they were purely FM blood? Hence, I don't think they are.

Little confused as to who's marriages you are referring to now..

Cregan Stark married trice: to Lynara Stark (this line continued the Stark line), to Arra Norrey, and to Alysanne (Aly) Blackwood.

Willam Stark married twice: Melantha Blackwood (Edwyle and Jocelyn, the sister who married into the Vale), and Lyanne Glover, who birthed a boy named Brandon (possibly the Brandon of Old Nan).

I think that BR volunteered to go to the Wall, maybe because of his calling?, but I cannot understand about the prison.

Bloodraven had been sentenced to death, and Aegon changed his mind at the last second. When you are sentenced to death, I doubt you are allowed to suggest the NW ;)

Current House Tarth can boast of ties to House Targaryen... That would indicate that there were indeed children, whoever the Targaryen was that married into the house.

Oh yeah lol, but ties can still be distant. Like Selwyn's cousin or something who died, so the Targaryen died with him?

I imagine a marriage alliance last a little longer then straight after one of the couple dies.

I was underestimating Aegon the Conqueror's abilities as a ruler before reading TWOIAF. He's easily one of the greatest Targaryens. Very politically savvy and had a good partnership with his sisters. I don't know what happened to the Targaryens after Jaehaerys I seems the kingship dropped very low.

Egg seems to have had "democratic tendencies" during his rule. Wanting to implement them through dragonfire is not a sustainable solution though

Bloodraven had been sentenced to death, and Aegon changed his mind at the last second. When you are sentenced to death, I doubt you are allowed to suggest the NW ;)

He committed high treason.

Ah I see! So my beautiful crackpot is broken to pieces. :crying:

BR was sent to the Wall for

murdering Aenys Blackfyre under a peace banner. Similar to how the Dornish did in Daeron actually.

Much like what Walder did to Robb, except the holy custom thing. :leaving:

Do we know that Shireen's dreams are dragon dreams, like Daeron's? No. Apparently, they eat her, the dragons in her dreams. Prophetic? Maybe. Dragon dreams? No.

She dreams that the dragons are "coming" to eat her. That could simply be a misinterpretation by a child who is scared of scary-looking dragons. I've always taken this as a prophetic dragon dream that she will "meet" dragons, that is Targaryens or people with Targaryen blood. She's already met two - Edric Storm and Jon Snow.

But no matter what, I consider it a dragon dream.

I was underestimating Aegon the Conqueror's abilities as a ruler before reading TWOIAF. He's easily one of the greatest Targaryens. Very politically savvy and had a good partnership with his sisters. I don't know what happened to the Targaryens after Jaehaerys I seems the kingship dropped very low.

Egg seems to have had "democratic tendencies" during his rule. Wanting to implement them through dragonfire is not a sustainable solution though

I would said that Viserys II. and Daeron II. were very good kings, in Viserys' case Hand.

I said it because Egg's mother was a Dayne which would make Dany 3/4 First Men. The Targ imbreeding doesn't cancel anything, your blood doesn't change because of your last name.

No but you don't pass on all the genes from all your ancestors through the generations. Things get dropped.Looking at it simply, here is a Dayne/Targ kids genetic options for something simple like hair:

Say the Dayne Wife has the Dayne Silver gene from their father and a brown hair gene from their mother.

And the Targ has both Targ White hair genes because they are inbred.

Dayne Silver Dayne Brown

Targ White WS WB

Targ White WS WB

All 4 options have the white hair gene so it is 100% guaranteed to be passed on. There is only 50% chance of getting the 'Dayne' look from the Dayne gene (I concede that the look is very similar!)

That is very simplistic but that is what I am getting at without assuming anything about recessive or dominant in fictional universes.

And we have to remember the fictional genetics in this universe. The Storm Lords all have black hair but Jocelyn marries into the Targs and most of her hair is white, and her children's are white. But the line in Storms End kept the Black hair and blue eyes. Why don't the Targs get the famous Black hair?

That is why Dany is terribly mistaken in concluding that dragons plant no trees. Aegon the Conqueror planted a lot of trees.

Archived