[TWOIAF Spoiler] Targaryen Lineage

MoIaF

Assuming these Hightower/Targaryen daughters all married someone, this means that could be other houses with targ blood, maybe in the Reach.

Most obviously, of course, if Garmund was lord, the present-day Hightowers would presumably be descended from one of them. That would spread Targaryen blood pretty far and wide.

The Targaryen Tree... is a whole forest...

Would look good on my office, though... "yeah, those are my ancestors... from... erm... Italy" :dunno:

I dunno what to think of Dany having Dayne/Blackwood blood. I think it's a case of the "stars aligned" so she and Jon would be both Ice and Fire, so to speak. If this is important, I think we might know in future ASOIAF books, otherwise, it's just side information with little relevance (remember that no everybody buys the books and it shouldn't be an obligation).

Okay. I still don't have my book (Amazon says Friday...I may cry...) but I finally broke down and read spoilers because I am weak.

1) Egg marrying a Blackwood almost made me fall out of my chair. And if BR had something to do with it....yeah, that's big.

2) Jaehaerys II marrying his sister and Aegon not putting it aside, another biggie.

3) Egg's third son (finally...A NAME!!!) as gay and (am I understanding this right?) rejected Oleanna?

4) I think I'm still confused how Dunk and Brienne end up related. So...did Dunk marry Daella (Aegon's sister?) and then from them come Brienne's family? (sorry, again...no book)

^3. You're correct. I laughed at that part. I read and I said "wait a minute....".

Oleanna is bitter over being rejected by the youngest--and gay--son of Aegon. I won't lie. This makes me laugh as well.

Okay. I still don't have my book (Amazon says Friday...I may cry...) but I finally broke down and read spoilers because I am weak.

1) Egg marrying a Blackwood almost made me fall out of my chair. And if BR had something to do with it....yeah, that's big.

2) Jaehaerys II marrying his sister and Aegon not putting it aside, another biggie.

3) Egg's third son (finally...A NAME!!!) as gay and (am I understanding this right?) rejected Oleanna?

4) I think I'm still confused how Dunk and Brienne end up related. So...did Dunk marry Daella (Aegon's sister?) and then from them come Brienne's family? (sorry, again...no book)

3) O yes.. :D

4) That's a theory.. But with Tarth having recent connections to the Targaryens, and Brienne specifically having a recent connection to Dunk, there are only a few options..Selwyn Tarth is 54 years old in 300AC, so perhaps his mother, was the Targaryen/Dunk offspring? She would have been born roughly 20 years prior, or average (though it could be 15, and it could be 25).. Which would bring us close to the time Aegon married Betha..

Also, the marriage, if it existed, can't have lasted long, as Duncan would join the KG eventually (yet we haven't learned exactly when). Perhaps there was only one child?

Daella doesn't appeared as married in the Tree.

Oleanna is bitter over being rejected by the youngest--and gay--son of Aegon. I won't lie. This makes me laugh as well.

She and Marg could be bitter beards together :3

Daella doesn't appeared as married in the Tree.

Didn't Ran say a page or some back that they can't fit all the marriages on a the tree? I guess we'll really learn in future D and E novellas.

But if it is true, then how did that come about? Daella was betrothed to Egg, yes? And then she ends up marrying his closest friend and knight? Now THAT is a story I want to hear.

I don't take the lack of marriages for Egg's sisters on the tree to mean they didn't marry. We were already told before the book came out that the marriages and children of every sibling of the main line would not be in the tree. And it has already been explicitly stated in the books (granted, by an old man not fully in control of things) that they had children.

Didn't Ran say a page or some back that they can't fit all the marriages on a the tree? I guess we'll really learn in future D and E novellas.

But if it is true, then how did that come about? Daella was betrothed to Egg, yes? And then she ends up marrying his closest friend and knight? Now THAT is a story I want to hear.

I don't remember which book Egg mentions it in, but I always had the impression that the betrothal to Daella was already a thing of the past when he mentioned it (209-212 AC).

The Targaryen Tree... is a whole forest...

Would look good on my office, though... "yeah, those are my ancestors... from... erm... Italy" :dunno:

I dunno what to think of Dany having Dayne/Blackwood blood. I think it's a case of the "stars aligned" so she and Jon would be both Ice and Fire, so to speak. If this is important, I think we might know in future ASOIAF books, otherwise, it's just side information with little relevance (remember that no everybody buys the books and it shouldn't be an obligation).

"drink from the cup of ice . . . drink from the cup of fire . . . " - The Undying

I don't remember which book Egg mentions it in, but I always had the impression that the betrothal to Daella was already a thing of the past when he mentioned it (209-212 AC).

That's the Sworn Sword, and Egg simply tells Dunk that Rhae had put a love potion in his drink once, but he had spit it out, so it didn't work. He says her motivation was so that Egg would marry her instead of Daella.

Personally, I see no indication in this as to whether the engagement is still in place at that point in time.. Could be, could also not be..

So, assuming these infos, which houses have or could have a claim to the throne?

Martell

Tarth

Velaryon

Penrose

Plumm

Hightower

Corbray

Manwoody

and Baratheon of course. Through these houses is also possible that royal blood has spreaded in a lot more houses, but these seems to have the better claims. Have I forgotten other?

So, assuming these infos, which houses have or could have a claim to the throne?

Martell

Tarth

Velaryon

Penrose

Plumm

Hightower

Corbray

Manwoody

and Baratheon of course. Through these houses is also possible that royal blood has spreaded in a lot more houses, but these seems to have the better claims. Have I forgotten other?

You're getting into badness there. Lets call it a claim to the 'Targ inheritance'. It avoids the arguments about claim by arms, whether Robert ruled by conquest making the Targ claim invalid and whether the Iron Throne should even exist in the end,

You're getting into badness there. Lets call it a claim to the 'Targ inheritance'. It avoids the arguments about claim by arms, whether Robert ruled by conquest making the Targ claim invalid and whether the Iron Throne should even exist in the end,

Of course. It was just speculation.

Martell

Tarth

Velaryon

Penrose

Plumm

Hightower

Corbray

Manwoody

The Corbray and Manwoody marriages don't appear to have produced children.

Archived