[TWOIAF Spoiler] Targaryen Lineage

MoIaF

Maybe, but surely the Blackwoods must have a lot of Andal blood in them, yet they produced Bloodraven.

Yeah, Andal blood for the last 4000-2000 years, but the 4000 years before that? Thats a lot of FM blood to be diluted.

So is it possible to tell us which marriages are missing? :drool: (Of course it isn't but worth a shot anyway)

Yeah, Andal blood for the last 4000-2000 years, but the 4000 years before that? Thats a lot of FM blood to be diluted.

So is it possible to tell us which marriages are missing? :drool: (Of course it isn't but worth a shot anyway)

I'm completely ignorant on genetics; I've always wondered if blood can be diluted. The Balckwoods were in Westeros way before the Andals (500-1000 years). Then again, every time a Baratheon couples with a Lannister, a raven haired, blue eyed child is born. So who knows?

Even after reading about Battle Isle?? - its pretty clear(to me) that the Valyrians came to Westeros and were beaten back by the Children of the Forest(through skinchanging no doubt)

I'm still going through the book but doesn't it say that dragons roamed everywhere in planetos? If so, why didn't the CotF tame them and use them for their own protection when the other invasions came along if they could be skin changed?

I don't know of any other but we don't have all the information.

My point exactly.

Michael: [shying away] Look, [sighs] It's a pimple Philips. Avril Lavigne gets them all the time and she rocks harder than anyone alive.

Phyllis: That's no pimple Michael.

Michael: You mean cancer?

Pam: What? No! Wait, no. Definitely not cancer.

Pam: It's just good to stop a Michael train of thought early before it derails and destroys the entire town.

This also happened with poor Aegon I. He's infertile now.

Well, by that logic, more than half the Houses of Westeros, from Lannisters to Baratheons, should be producing greenseers. Either (as MoIaF speculated) the Targaryen blood helped, or FM blood doesn't matter.

My point exactly.

Michael: [shying away] Look, [sighs] It's a pimple Philips. Avril Lavigne gets them all the time and she rocks harder than anyone alive.

Phyllis: That's no pimple Michael.

Michael: You mean cancer?

Pam: What? No! Wait, no. Definitely not cancer.

Pam: It's just good to stop a Michael train of thought early before it derails and destroys the entire town.

This also happened with poor Aegon I. He's infertile now.

Huh! I'm confused by this...

I'm not sure, but the Durrandons married a mermaid, which is why there is magic that makes all their children raven haired storm eyes perhaps?

It could just be luck that makes greenseers, or CotF blood, which Starks could have obtained through marrying the Warg Kings daughters or Gaven Greywolfs children. I doubt Lannisters or Durrandons have married CotF.

I'm still going through the book but doesn't it say that dragons roamed everywhere in planetos? If so, why didn't the CotF tame them and use them for their own protection when the other invasions came along if they could be skin changed?

I'm guessing the children did control them but the Others killed them all or maybe the children had a ADwD of their own and maybe some were even killed by the first men (Ser Serwyn of the Mirror shield comes to mind)

Huh! I'm confused by this...

How can you be confused by the eternal wisdom of Michael Scott? :D

My thoughts in regards to the posters suggesting that skinchangers are strong among the Blackwoods. We have only 1 and a greenseer at that. It's an ingrown hair, people.

I'm not sure, but the Durrandons married a mermaid, which is why there is magic that makes all their children raven haired storm eyes perhaps?

It could just be luck that makes greenseers, or CotF blood, which Starks could have obtained through marrying the Warg Kings daughters or Gaven Greywolfs children. I doubt Lannisters or Durrandons have married CotF.

Somebody mentioned uptrend that a Stark also married a Blackwwod around the same time as Egg - I'm at work and don't have the book. I don't know if that means anything but I though it should be mentioned again.

Somebody mentioned uptrend that a Stark also married a Blackwwod around the same time as Egg - I'm at work and don't have the book. I don't know if that means anything but I though it should be mentioned again.

Aegon married Betha in 220AC, IIRC.. Willam Stark was married to Melantha Blackwood. That most likely happened a few years after Aegon, but sure, close enough I guess..

I'm guessing the children did control them but the Others killed them all or maybe the children had a ADwD of their own and maybe some were even killed by the first men (Ser Serwyn of the Mirror shield comes to mind)

That doesn't seem right to me, I'm sorry. I don't think that the dragons were skin changed. But I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, Willam Stark and Melthana Blackwood was Aegons time. The last Blackwood/Stark marriage was between Alysanne and someone during the Dance. Also Benjicot Blackwood married a Baratheon at this time. Sorry I gave my book to someone to borrow so I can't quite remember.

If we believe the MUSH also, Cregan and Alysanne Blackwood's daughter (Mariah) married his cousin Seth Blackwood (son of Lord Benjicot "Bloody Ben").

Blackwoods seems to marry well despite their non-status as a Great House

I'm in the camp that dragons can't be skin change or at least not without consequences but it's going to be interesting to see if Dany's Blackwood heritage makes her bond to Drogon stronger then ever seen before.

That would be awesome. Also, it sort of cracked me up that Dany might have more First Men blood than the Stark children.

That is not possible. The Stark kids are 50% First Men at least, plus the Tully, Blackwood and probable Bracken DNA in Cat. The inbreeding with the Targs would cancel out one generation of genetic variation. Inbreeding doesn't create clones.

Although Dany's dreams take on a new meaning as does Shireen's dragon dream. Were there dragon dreams pre-Blackwood blood?

As for Blackwood potency, they've been marrying into the Starks both ways. I don't think its shocking they could be marrying into other First Men houses often too, not just their neighbours.

Durran married a goddess, the Grey King married 'the mermaid.'

That is not possible. The Stark kids are 50% First Men at least, plus the Tully, Blackwood and probable Bracken DNA in Cat. The inbreeding with the Targs would cancel out one generation of genetic variation. Inbreeding doesn't create clones.

I said it because Egg's mother was a Dayne which would make Dany 3/4 First Men. The Targ imbreeding doesn't cancel anything, your blood doesn't change because of your last name.

Although Dany's dreams take on a new meaning as does Shireen's dragon dream. Were there dragon dreams pre-Blackwood blood?

Daenys the Dreamer - Targaryens have been having dragon dreams fro a while now.

Archived