[TWOIAF Spoiler] Targaryen Lineage

MoIaF

The Targaryen lineage:

1. Valaena Velaryon - Aerion Targaryen: Visenya, Aegon, Rhaenys

2. Aegon - Rhaenys: Aenys; Visenya - Aegon: Maegor

3. Aenys - Alyssa Velaryon: Rhaena, Aegon, Viserys, Jaehaerys, Alysanna, Vaella

4. Maegor - Ceryse Hightower, Alys Harroway, Tyanna of the Tower, Rhaena Targaryen, Jeyne Westerling, Elinor Costayne: no surviving issue

5. Aegon - Rhaena: Aerea & Rhalla Targaryen [twin girls, Maegor names Aerea his heir after he marries Rhaena and disinherits Jaehaerys, Rhaena survives Maegor, and her children most likely, too, no (further) husbands for Rhaena or her children are known, though a Velaryon match would not be unlikely]

6. Alyssa Velaryon Targaryen - Robar Baratheon: Boremund & Jocelyn Baratheon [Alyssa served as Queen Regent and Robar as Hand and Lord Protector during Jaehaerys' minority; they married half a year after his coronation]

7. Jaehaerys - Alysanne Targaryen: {Aegon}, Alyssa, Aemon, Baelon, Daella, Viserra, Maegelle, Vaegon, {Valerion}, {Aeryn}, {Gaemon}, Saera, Gael. [bracket guys died as children]

8. Aemon - Jocelyn Baratheon: Rhaenys Targaryen

9. Alyssa Targaryen - Baelon Targaryen: Viserys, Daemon, Aegon [no idea what happened to Aegon - could be the Ape Prince]

10. Daella Targaryen - Lord Rodrik Arryn: Aemma Arryn

11. Rhaenys Targaryen - Corlys Velaryon: Laena, Laenor

12. Viserys - Aemma: Rhaenyra, Baelon

13. Viserys - Alicent Hightower: Aegon, Helaena, Aemond, Daeron

14. Daemon - Laena: Baela, Rhaena

15. Rhaenyra - Laenor: Jacaerys, Lucerys, Joffrey

16. Rhaenyra - Daemon: Aegon, Viserys

17. Aegon - Helaena: Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, Maelor

18. Aegon - Jaehaera: no issue

19. Aegon - Daenaera Velaryon [daughter of Daeron Velaryon, who was a cousin of Alyn Oakenfist]: Daeron, Baelor, Daena, Rhaena, Elaena

20. Viserys - Larra Rogare of Lys: Aegon, Aemon, Naerys

21. Baela - Alyn 'Oakenfist' Velaryon: issue [baela was already dead when Elaena had her affair with Alyn, because she hoped to marry him.]

22. Rhaena of Pentos - Corwyn Corbray: no issue

23. Rhaena of Pentos - Garmund Hightower: six daughters [one may have married a Hightower cousin]

24. Baelor - Daena: no issue [Daeron I did not marry]

25. Aegon - Naerys: Daeron, Daenerys

26. Elaena - Ossifer Plumm: Lord Viserys Plumm [true father possibly Aegon the Unworthy]

27. Elaena - Ronnel Penrose [Daeron's Master of Coin]: Robin, Laena, Jocelyn, Joy [one of them may have been Aelinor Penrose, or, with a lot of goodwill, the mother of Aelinor Penrose]

28. Elaena - Michael Mandwoody: no issue

29. Daeron - Mariah Martell: Baelor, Aerys, Rhaegel, Maekar

30. Daenerys - Maron Martell: (multiple) issue

31. Baelor - Jena Dondarrion: Valarr, Matarys

32. Aerys - Aelinor Penrose [a cousin of Aerys, possibly one of the daughters/granddaughter of Elaena]: no issue

33. Rhaegel - Alys Arryn: Aelor, Aelora (twins), Daenora

34. Maekar - Dyanna Dayne: Daeron, Aerion, Aemon, Daella, Aegon, Rhae

35. Valarr - Kiera of Tyrosh: no issue

36. Daeron - Kiera of Tyrosh: Vaella the Simple

37. Aelor - Aelora: no issue

38. Aerion - Daenora: Maegor [possibly the Ape Prince]

39. Aegon - Betha Blackwood: Duncan, Jaehaerys, Shaera, Daeron 'the Gay', Rhaelle

40. Duncan - Jenny: no known issue!!!

41. Jaehaerys - Shaera: Aerys, Rhaella

42. Rhaelle - Ormund Baratheon: Steffon

43. Aerys - Rhaella: Rhaegar, {lots of stillbirths, miscarriages & children who died young, among them the Princes Aegon, Daeron, Jaehaerys, and the Princess Shaena}, Viserys, Daenerys

44. Rhaegar - Elia Martell: Rhaenys, Aegon

45. Daenerys - Khal Drogo: {Rhaego}

I hope I did not forget anything.

Missing are:

1. The husbands/wives of Rhaena (if she remarried after Maegor), Aerea & Rhalla. The must have been some offspring there. The Great Council dismisses nine lesser claimants in 101 before the main claimants, Laenor and Viserys are discussed. Those could include Aemma, Rhaenys, Laena, Daemon, Aegon, and Rhaenyra. Possibly Archmaester Vaegon as well. Alyssa Targaryen seems to have been dead at that time, as were all other children of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, besides, possibly, Saera, and she was running a brothel in Volantis.

2. The husbands of Daella and Rhae - one of them or their descendants may have married into House Tarth.

3. The wife of Prince Maegor.

4. The children of Duncan & Jenny - if they had any.

The Targaryen lineage:

snip

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Blackwoods or anything related to skinchanging, Old Gods, First Men, CotF etc. except the Starks who held the title King of Winter once are NOT ice.

Very true. So First men or not Dany doesn't have ice.

Blackwoods or anything related to skinchanging, Old Gods, First Men, CotF etc. except the Starks who held the title King of Winter once are NOT ice.

Wait. Why...? I'm actually asking. I've always considered that the "ice" was blood of the first men. Why are you just saying it must those who ruled the North.

Is that Aenys' wife who later married Robar Baratheon? I always thought Jocelyn would turn out to have a Baratheon mother, just thought it would be a daughter of Jaehaerys I.

Yes, Aenys' wife was Alyssa Velaryon, who married Robar Baratheon and had two more children by him: Boremund, the father of Lord Borros, and Jocelyn, the mother of Rhaenys..

Which explains even better why Rhaenys believed the Baratheons would support Rhaenyra.

So in fact, Aemon married his aunt (Jaehaerys' half-sibling).

Wait. Why...? I'm actually asking. I've always considered that the "ice" was blood of the first men. Why are you just saying it must those who ruled the North.

Because only the Starks seem to have some "relationship" with the winter and other than them, the First Men Culture has nothing to do with ice. That is why I think the song of ice and fire must be the product of a Stark and a Targaryen ("fire is in our blood" said Viserys).

Well, if the Blackwoods do not usually bring forth skinchangers, it could be their Stark blood which does the trick. Surely they intermarried with the ancient Kings of Winter when they still ruled the Wolfswood, and they may have been more recent matches in light of all the daughters running around in the family tree, especially the four daughters Lord Cregan Stark had by Black Aly Blackwood. One of them could have married back into the Blackwood line, to give birth to the father of Melissa Blackwood (or Melissa herself).

Archived