[TWOIAF Spoilers] Discussions of TWOIAF

I have to admit that I'm quite surprised how many things attributed to Barth seems fairly accurate. It's definitely not a stance I've had with him before.

I know. Apple Martini considered him as a puppet in the payroll of Targs, who spread false knowledge about the dragons. But once again I am convinced that his book about the dragons was the real deal and that is why it was banned and censored during the reign of Baelor who was the puppet of the Faith/Citadel/anti-dragon conspiracy.

Can you elaborate please? I'm dying to read about that.

Theon made common cause with the Boltons to smash the Andal warlord Argos Sevenstar at the Battle of the Weeping Water and Theon kicked his ass , after that he raised his own fleet and crossed the narrow sea to Andalos , with Argos's corpse lashed to the prow of his flagship. Theon took a bloody vengeance in Andalos he destroyed a score of villages , captured three tower houses and a sept , and put hundreds to the swords , the heads of the slain he carried them back to The North where he planted them on spikes along his own coasts as a warning to the other Andals . After that he conquered the Three Sisters , kicked the ironborn from Cape Kraken and Bear Island , put down a rebellion in the Rills , in the end he joined the NW and went beyond the Wall and broke the power of the wildlings for a generation !!!! :rofl:

Theon made common cause with the Boltons to smash the Andal warlord Argos Sevenstar at the Battle of the Weeping Water and Theon kicked his ass , after that he raised his own fleet and crossed the narrow sea to Andalos , with Argos's corpse lashed to the prow of his flagship. Theon took a bloody vengeance in Andalos he destroyed a score of villages , captured three tower houses and a sept , and put hundreds to the swords , the heads of the slain he carried them back to The North where he planted them on spikes along his own coasts as a warning to the other Andals . After that he conquered the Three Sisters , kicked the ironborn from Cape Kraken and Bear Island , put down a rebellion in the Rills , in the end he joined the NW and went beyond the Wall and broke the power of the wildlings for a generation !!!! :rofl:

Holy shit! The ultimate Stark.

He actually sailed to Andalos to go and kick Andal ass on their own turf? Wow.

When you say he made common cause with the Boltons, does that mean he dates from a time before the Red Kings had bowed to Winterfell?

This dude is on a whole new level of a badass.

I can't believe he got so mad at the Andals that he actually went to their homeland to kill them wow!!! Lol

Ye Gods man,, I didn't think Roddy the Ruin could be topped but fuckkkkk. I need to keep reading

Holy shit! The ultimate Stark.

He actually sailed to Andalos to go and kick Andal ass on their own turf? Wow.

When you say he made common cause with the Boltons, does that mean he dates from a time before the Red Kings had bowed to Winterfell?

After the Red King bowed to Winterfell .

Madness gripped the city after Rhaenyra fled, and it showed itself in many ways. Strangest of all was the rise of two pretender kings who reigned during the time remembered as the Moon of the Three Kings. The first was Trystane Truefyre , a squire to a disreputable hedge knight named Ser Perkin the Flea, who Ser Perkin declared was the natural son of Viserys I.

Martin, George R.R.; Garcia, Elio; Antonsson, Linda (2014-10-28). The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) (Kindle Locations 2166-2169). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

This is so funny. A pretender king named Truefyre. Squire to Ser Perkin. A reference to the parallels between Perkin Warbeck and fAegon. He is declared as the natural son of Viserys I, a feeble king whose succession resulted in a civil war. Similarly, Aegon IV was the feeble king whose succession resulted in a series of civil wars.

I like him. Is he single?

So by the sounds of it, various Andal warlords tried to land in different parts of Westeros to carve out kingdoms for themselves. The first was in the Vale, where they set the precedent of conquest. Then they proceeded all over. It seems that this Argos Sevenstar likely landed his fleet directly in the North, thinking to follow the example of the Arryns in the Vale. Likely he landed somewhere between the Wolf's Den and the Weeping Water - maybe he even sailed up the Weeping Water in his longships before moving onto land.

So it was not just Moat Cailin that made the North hold out against the Andals. Those Andals that DID land North of the Neck, were met by a badass like Theon Stark, who then proceeded to kill them all, sail over to their own land, and wreak bloody vengeance in Andalos, before coming back home and planting their heads on spikes all along his coast as a warning to stay away.

Bloody hell. A whole new level of awesome.

re: Summerhall, does it seem to be saying that Dunk died saving someone or someones?

Implied, possibly the pay off for this.

Well, mighten it be that some morrow will come when I'll have need of that foot? When the realm will need that foot, even more than a prince's life?

Which hints Rhaegar (prince).

After the Red King bowed to Winterfell .

Makes sense. Since Theon came after Jon Stark, who set up the Wolf's Den, and Jon' son, who conquered the Neck. Which is more or less when the Andals arrived.

Also, this the conquest of the Three Sisters might place Theon Stark as the Stark who led the Rape of the Three Sisters, which is dated to 2000 years ago by the Maesters. Well after the Andals arrived. And the Boltons knelt before the Andals reached the North.

I read about 20 pages during my lunch break. Not gona lie, but I found the story kind of boring. The fact that the some of the information The Maester is telling us is either a lie or wrong really has me worried a good chunk of this story will be fan fiction.

I agree. All those Stavos shippers much be so happy with that.

Also Davos Dayne? :bowdown:

I'm celebrating it at the moment! :)

I just yet read it, sooo awesome! :bowdown:

There is also a Davos the Dragonslayer listed as one of the fearless ancient warriors of the Reach.

SO damn awesome! :bowdown:

Rickon's firstborn son is going to be Davos Stark, there must always be a Davos.

What is Davos may never die

:commie:

Calling it now, big revelation in TWOW/ADOS: Davos (secret) Targaryen! All hail the Onion King :bowdown:

Woah, Holy moly! O____O

I very much enjoyed the section on the north, which I read first. I laughed aloud during the section about the hot springs and the local legend of a dragon under Winterfell, then the mention of a possible clutch from Jace Velaryon's visit during the Dance of the Dragons. The maester author was so dismissive that I am putting more stock in those theories, although it could still be a red herring.

The best HPL reference is the tidbit about the Bloodstone Emperor starting to worship a black stone from the sky, and historians calling him the first known priest of the Church of Starry Wisdom which is still prominent in many harbor cities around the world.

Not to mention the Ironborn being descended from the Deep Ones. And the people from the Thousand Islands. And the natives from Toad Island.

Actually, we heard of priests of Starry Wisdom singing songs to the stars in one of Arya's Braavos chapters.

But yeah. Lots of lovecraftian shyt. Which is cool.

But guys, what about shapechangers and demon hunters in Mossovy? What does it mean? !!!!

9/10 of Nefer is underground and home to necromancers and torturers. From the app, we know that they are kin to Jogos Nhai. Creepy.

Carcosa only mentioned once. Just once. A sorcerer warlord of Yi Ti is said to reside there and who claims the throne of Golden Empire.

GRRM should consider to write books in the east. Because, apparently, non-western fantasy is more interesting.

Any information on what the Shadow is? Clearly Ashai is a city and the Shadow is some weird phenomenon next to it.

Is it a permanent cloud cover? A massive mountain casting a long shadow or spewing volcanic ash? A heavenly body in some kind of geosynchronous orbit casting a shadow on the ground?

Any description of why it is even called The Shadow?

Archived