[TWOIAF Spoilers] Discussions of TWOIAF

What is the significanfe of this? I don't understand or know anything about Rohanne Webber.

Have you never read the tales of Dunk & Egg? She plays quite a prominent role in the second installment (The Sworn Sword).

Really?? What all customs and laws were changed in the North or the Iron Islands when they came into the 7 kingdoms? Infact its clearly mentioned that Aegon left all the Lords paramounts to rule as they saw fit. Dornishmen resisted because they were too proud to bend the knee and thousands died on both sides for no reason but that and normally i'd respect that - but they also used too many dirty tricks which really reduced my respect for them..

There are no rules on the battlefield lad. I am with the Dornish on this one. They did the right thing. Thought I suspect if the north would have done it Aegon would have never been able to keep the the middle country. He couldn't have conquered Dorne and the North.

There are no rules on the battlefield lad.

Yes, there are. The "white flag" is about as old a custom in war as you can get, long predating our modern conventions on warfare. If you don't think the Dornish did anything wrong, than you can't think Tywin and Walder did anything wrong at the Red Wedding either.

Pardon me if this has been mentioned already, but anyone else now think the dragon egg beneath Winterfell (or dragon) is a possibility? The historian's immediate dismissal of it if anything only piques my curiosity.

The trouble I have with this is that it comes so out of the blue. Okay, you have the thing Bran sees, but that's it. I think it would be really cheesy to introduce a dragon or a clutch of eggs in tWoW/aDoS after only hinting at in a companion book (which wasn't planned when GRRM started out). Plus the Maester has to be correct about some things, it would be boring if he's always wrong.

The trouble I have with this is that it comes so out of the blue. Okay, you have the thing Bran sees, but that's it. I think it would be really cheesy to introduce a dragon or a clutch of eggs in tWoW/aDoS after only hinting at in a companion book (which wasn't planned when GRRM started out). Plus the Maester has to be correct about some things, it would be boring if he's always wrong.

What bothers me about this is that a big deal was made of Dany hatching her eggs (a miracle GRRM called it), blood sacrifice and all, it was meaningful. Then suddenly some random fire and some random death is enough to hatch 170 year old eggs. It doesn't seem right.

Pardon me if this has been mentioned already, but anyone else now think the dragon egg beneath Winterfell (or dragon) is a possibility? The historian's immediate dismissal of it if anything only piques my curiosity.

If there's a dragon's egg beneath Winterfell, it won't have been from Vermax.

But it might be another hint towards a "dragon" who had been in hiding at Winterfell, in the sense of R+L=J

Archived