[TWOIAF Spoilers] Discussions of TWOIAF

1. Yes, the minute he attacked.

3. The Freys were the TUlly's Bannermen and Robb was the King of the Trident so they were his banners.

4. The Dornish were first enemies, the Freys were not enemies of Robb.

Take to the other thread.

For those of you arguing about Dearon's death, yes he was killed under treachery and deceit, but it's Dorne saying that they are never going to live under the oppression of the Targaryen's, the rebelling of the small folk proved it to the Lords of Dorne and they are prepared to die fighting for that freedom.

Yes the Targaryen's have more manpower but they are going to have to wipe out the Dornish to win, loosing thousands of men in the process.

Well, interesting read, a lot to take in. I thought one particularly interesting part was a reference to one of the Eastern regions and their attempts to open their third eye. I can't remember who this was now though :(

I'm also curious to know which pages Yolkboy got to look at at LonCon ;)

Well, interesting read, a lot to take in. I thought one particularly interesting part was a reference to one of the Eastern regions and their attempts to open their third eye. I can't remember who this was now though :(

I'm also curious to know which pages Yolkboy got to look at at LonCon ;)

Priests of Boash. Lorathi.

Priests of Boash. Lorathi.

That's them. I thought that was really interesting given Bran and Bloodraven. It does seem to amount to the same thing - "...their third eye open, allowing them to see the 'higher truths' of creation that lay concealed beyond the world's illusions."

Sounds pretty similar to me. :dunno:

Also, no name for the Princess of Dorne yet :(

Not sure if this has been discussed, but did anybody else think that the Others are responsible for the destruction of some of the ancient Essosi races? There's mention of the mazemakers of Lorath being destroyed by an enemy that came from the sea. Could it be the Others?

Not sure if this has been discussed, but did anybody else think that the Others are responsible for the destruction of some of the ancient Essosi races? There's mention of the mazemakers of Lorath being destroyed by an enemy that came from the sea. Could it be the Others?

Maybe they were destroyed by the Deep Ones? The people of the Thousand Islands worship fish gods and are afraid of the ocean.

For those of you arguing about Dearon's death, yes he was killed under treachery and deceit, but it's Dorne saying that they are never going to live under the oppression of the Targaryen's, the rebelling of the small folk proved it to the Lords of Dorne and they are prepared to die fighting for that freedom.

Yes the Targaryen's have more manpower but they are going to have to wipe out the Dornish to win, loosing thousands of men in the process.

I'm somewhat doubtful that it was the smallfolk who rebelled or not. Why would they care? I think its pretty clear that it was the Dornish lords who were using the smallfolk as an excuse/scapegoat.

If the smallfolk really gave a shit about who their king was then why didnt they rebel when Dorne finally entered the 7 kingdoms?? Because some princess they have never met married a Taragryen King?? doesnt make sense.

I'm somewhat doubtful that it was the smallfolk who rebelled or not. Why would they care? I think its pretty clear that it was the Dornish lords who were using the smallfolk as an excuse/scapegoat.

If the smallfolk really gave a shit about who their king was then why didnt they rebel when Dorne finally entered the 7 kingdoms?? Because some princess they have never met married a Taragryen King?? doesnt make sense.

That is slightly different circumstances, they still got to continue with their customs and beliefs. But you'd have thought some would've still rebelled

When Dorne finally married into the Kingdoms, basically nothing changed for the people in Dorne. They got to keep their laws and rights.

Aegons conquest, had he won, would have let to all dornish losing all that.

That's the difference

When Dorne finally married into the Kingdoms, basically nothing changed for the people in Dorne. They got to keep their laws and rights.

Aegons conquest, had he won, would have let to all dornish losing all that.

That's the difference

Really?? What all customs and laws were changed in the North or the Iron Islands when they came into the 7 kingdoms? Infact its clearly mentioned that Aegon left all the Lords paramounts to rule as they saw fit. Dornishmen resisted because they were too proud to bend the knee and thousands died on both sides for no reason but that and normally i'd respect that - but they also used too many dirty tricks which really reduced my respect for them..

Really?? What all customs and laws were changed in the North or the Iron Islands when they came into the 7 kingdoms? Infact its clearly mentioned that Aegon left all the Lords paramounts to rule as they saw fit. Dornishmen resisted because they were too proud to bend the knee and thousands died on both sides for no reason but that and normally i'd respect that - but they also used too many dirty tricks which really reduced my respect for them..

I am fully aware that it's sorta hypocritical for me to say this, but, please, can we all move on from this topic?

Archived