[TWOIAF Spoiler] Best Artwork

MoIaF

Images are copyrighted, sorry. Some images have been released as part of official previews -- I believe Mashable has a few images they were allowed to release, too.

Daemon I at the Redgrass, a Sword of the Morning, wildlings at the Wall, Aegon III and Prince Viserys facing the regents, Barristan the Bold against Maelys the Monstrous -- all from the hand of Spanish artistJosé Cabrera Peña. The authenticity of armor is no surprise -- he cut his teeth in military history magazines, which put a premium on exactly correct details.

He was a real find, and I wish we could have gotten a few more images from him, but unfortunately part way through the project he broke or sprained his wrist, I'm told, and couldn't work for awhile. But really amazin stuff.

Robert vs Rheagar looks amazing, definitely the best. Love the first art of Balerion, he's just so damn big, Aegon looks so small on him. Overall the artwork is gorgeous, few if any of it seems low wuality to me.

And yeah, I knew Valyrians were supposed to be hot, but dayum. Not a single one of the ladies seem to not have been absolute dude magnets, they're all beautiful. I suspect the men are too, albeit I don't swing that way so it's harder to judge.

Robert vs Rheagar looks amazing, definitely the best. Love the first art of Balerion, he's just so damn big, Aegon looks so small on him. Overall the artwork is gorgeous, few if any of it seems low wuality to me.

And yeah, I knew Valyrians were supposed to be hot, but dayum. Not a single one of the ladies seem to not have been absolute dude magnets, they're all beautiful. I suspect the men are too, albeit I don't swing that way so it's harder to judge.

They are.

Rhaenyra was perfect.

I also liked the Valyrian Freehold and its dragonlords, Asshai, Robert vs Rhaegar, Robert's portrait, Aerys' first portrait, the Lyseni noblewoman, King Garth, the wives and mistresses of the dragon kings, King Jaehaerys and Good Queen Alysanne, Sothoryos' ruin and the Pact between the children and the First Men.

I couldn't see Lyanna and I imagined that Rhaegar would be better looking.

I personally loved all the illustration of places especially Storms End, Tarth's Evenfall, Sunspear, Highgarden, Riverrun etc I also really weirdly liked the Young Dragons plait, I know its weird but it just caught my eye. Loved Nymeria very much as well and serious looking Mors.

I also loved the huge difference between the Princess of Dorne and Rhaenys, and how despite being near her end she still looking mighty fierce whilst Rhaenys looked a bit like an ornament with her crazily long hair.

Images are copyrighted, sorry. Some images have been released as part of official previews -- I believe Mashable has a few images they were allowed to release, too.Daemon I at the Redgrass, a Sword of the Morning, wildlings at the Wall, Aegon III and Prince Viserys facing the regents, Barristan the Bold against Maelys the Monstrous -- all from the hand of Spanish artistJosé Cabrera Peña. The authenticity of armor is no surprise -- he cut his teeth in military history magazines, which put a premium on exactly correct details.He was a real find, and I wish we could have gotten a few more images from him, but unfortunately part way through the project he broke or sprained his wrist, I'm told, and couldn't work for awhile. But really amazin stuff.

Ah, okay. Thanks for letting us know.

Rhaenyra was perfect.

I also liked the Valyrian Freehold and its dragonlords, Asshai, Robert vs Rhaegar, Robert's portrait, Aerys' first portrait, the Lyseni noblewoman, King Garth, the wives and mistresses of the dragon kings, King Jaehaerys and Good Queen Alysanne, Sothoryos' ruin and the Pact between the children and the First Men.

I couldn't see Lyanna and I imagined that Rhaegar would be better looking.

I agree about Rhaegar I've seen better pictures of him. I wish they had done a full portrait of a Dany instead of a profile (I don't think she looked as beautiful as she's described). Jon also didn't look as handsome as I thought he would be, oh well...

Targ kings, some wives and mistresses and some princess. Viserys II wife Larra is ridiculously beautiful.

Do the Blackfyres (and Great Bastards) have any besides the already mentioned battle scenes?

Do the Blackfyres (and Great Bastards) have any besides the already mentioned battle scenes?

We have Bittersteal leading the Golden Company, Daemon Blackfyre in battle and then another of his arrest. I'm just going through the book now and those are the ones I've noticed so far.

We have Bittersteal leading the Golden Company, Daemon Blackfyre in battle and then another of his arrest. I'm just going through the book now and those are the ones I've noticed so far.

Thanks for answering my questions.

In regards to Targaryen portraits we have

- Aegon I, repeatedly

- Rhaenys and the Yellow Toad of Dorne

- Aenys I on the Iron Throne

- Maegor I on the Iron Throne (dead)

- Jaehaerys I and a pregnant Alysanne with little Aemon

- Viserys I on the Iron Throne (alive)

- young Daemon with the Goldcloaks

- Daemon offering his crown to Viserys I, who is sitting between Alicent (in green) and Rhaenyra (in red-and-black).

- young Rhaenyra

- sketches of Aegon II, Aemond, Daeron and Jace, Luke, and Joff

- young Aegon III

- Aegon III and Viserys firing the regents and the Hand

- Daeron I

- Baelor on his march, and Baelor saving the Dragonknight

- Daena, Rhaena, and Elaena

- Viserys, Larra Rogare, and little Aegon IV (I originally mistook them for Aegon IV, Naerys, and little Daeron)

- Aegon IV knighting Daemon Waters

- Bittersteel

- Daemon Blackfyre charging

- Aegon V, Duncan, Jaehaerys, and Daeron

- half-naked Rhaella and a burning palace in the background

- young Aerys II

- older versions of Aerys II

- Rhaegar

I really liked Dany's portrait. "Dragons Reborn?" She looks like a bad ass.

She does look badass but I feel she could have looked more beautiful she is after all the most beautiful woman in the world. ;)

On pg. 113 is a great picture of Ser Barristan and Maelys the Monstrous.

Proving why I love Barristan so much - BAMF all the way.

Archived