[TWOIAF Spoilers] House Dayne of High Hermitage

naseridrl

Is it possible this cadet branch of house Dayne was founded by son of Ser Davos Dayne and Nymeria? I know its probably unlikely as Arianne would probably have mentioned it in her dealing with Darkstar but it'd certainly bring cache to the house being founded by a member of the oldest house in Dorne and the conquering Princess who had such an impact on Dorne.

Also High Hermitage is so close to Blackmont, almost on top of each other on the small maps. The Blackmont King was against Nymeria so maybe some of that land was taken from them after their King lost and was sent to the wall. Maybe Nymeria later in life gave some of that land to her son for him to create a home, or his sister gave it to him when she was ruling princess. That way High Hermitage is close enough to Starfall to be a cadet branch that's strongly connected to the mane branch but also in those early years close to a potential foe to keep it in line.

I would think the name of a House that old would have changed over the years to make it distinct; ie: Daynes of Starfall and the Hidans of Hermitage. Names change over hundreds of years.

I (seemingly alone) have found the lack of any info on the Daynes of High Hermitage as a sign of some secret to be revealed. The new book strengthens my resolve. They show the arms of houses Qorgoyle, Vaith, and Wyl but not the Daynes of HH? The Daynes of HH have no history to be revealed. So are they a recent creation?

Archived