[TWOIAF Spoilers] A thread for those who just cant wait: Spoil our Q!

They said a Maester lived there and later disappeared. No mention or anything supernatural happening to them, which kinda add suspicion to my theory of the Maesters having to do with Hardhome and the Doom (but that's my own personal idea with no (yet) evidence to back it up)

Disappeared, eh? Kindly Man anyone?

Disappeared, eh? Kindly Man anyone?

A FM hired by the Faith? To me, it makes sense. I know the most popular theory is that the FM were involved, but I think the Faith was on it as well. Could be. The book says his name was Wyllis, and he had some kid of protection as he helped the wildlings. But he later left when his life was in danger. He vanished after his research was going to be published and was last seen looking for a ship to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

Another question: Is it confirmed in the book that Vermax laid three eggs somewhere in Winterfell? Any idea if they remained hidden or were found by someone? Thanks!

I have read the book, or some of it now.

Re this I'm sure it states that Vermax did not lay any eggs.

Also, re the dragons overall. TWoIaF does clarify that there were some in Westeros before the Valaryean empire, that their bones have been found all over the world and that there are 3 distinctly different dragon origin theory's.

About the houses, any previously unknown heraldry, seat name or house words?

Off of the top of my head the only heraldry I remember mentioned was an old sigil of House Toland (a ghost) that they replaced with their current sigil of a dragon biting its own tail due to the events of Aegon I's attempt to conquer Dorne. There was also Rhaenyra's personal sigil: "red dragon quartered with the moon-and-falcon of her Arryn mother and the seahorse of her late husband"

1. Tell me some shit about Casterly Rock.

Visenya supposedly said that it's a good thing that the Lannister king met the Targs in the field, because the Rock probably would have held up to dragon fire if the Lannisters had just holed themselves up inside. Have to think that'll matter at some point.

Re this I'm sure it states that Vermax did not lay any eggs.

I think it's pretty obvious though that this is the maester doing the maester thing and just writing off anything that doesn't fit into his worldview. There are several things in the book that the maester dismisses that we know to be true, e.g. wargs and greenseers and their powers. If you read the bit about Vermax's eggs and even the ice dragon, it comes off like, "MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" Actually, anything in the book that the maester says "almost certainly didn't happen" probably goddamn happened.

well sure Apple Martini - there is interpretation, there always is.

I just answered the question of what TWoIaF says about vermax, as written from the POV of the maester. A reader has to take that as they will - and hold out for ice dragons if they want :D

What's this I hear about Ice Dragons?

Is there anything new about Skagos?

It's said almost every culture in the world has a myth regarding ice dragons. They are bigger than fire dragons and breath cold instead of fire. They live in the north of Shivering Sea. However there is no proof that they exist as they melt when killed, so no bones to leave behind.

Free Northman,

I'd venture a guess (my personal guess, please note), based on numerous comments from Ran in the forum on this topic, that this is a line that Ran added himself,

Bad guess. Aegon's Conquest is 100%, unadulterated GRRM. It's the only text in the book that is purely George's work.

I was wondering because this book in universe is being prepared for Robert Joffrey Tommen Baratheon does it contain a Baratheon family tree?

We are talking about Robert.

However, thanks for the answer.

This disappointed me as well. A book prepared for a Baratheon king but does not contain the Baratheon lineage. Really? Instead we get a Targaryen family tree. *yawn*

Archived