[TWOIAF Spoilers] A thread for those who just cant wait: Spoil our Q!

I guess the blood sacrifice in connection with 'new Valyrian steel' (or Qohorik steel) is a pretty strong hint that the creation of actual Valyrian steel also needed blood sacrifices (Missa Missa, anyone?). It's stated that the Valyrians eradicated countless (today unknown) peoples in Essos, and that they had an never-ending hunger for new slaves - suggesting that a lot of them were used for spell-work, rather than as workforce/servants.

Vermax's eggs:

Mushroom is the source, yes, but he was on Dragonstone during the Dance (until Rhaenyra took KL), and it is suggested that he 'close' to Jace, as he claims he fed Jace the dragonseeds ides (thank you for the Two Betrayers, mate!).

Thus Mushroom's original source would be Jace. I guess the eggs were discovered with Vermax after she was missed and eventually found in the crypts. Jace could have advised Cregan to let them there until the Targaryen princess arrived, as they would then hatch in her presence (or when the Targaryen-Starks were born), or something like that.

In light of Bran's last chapter of ACoK it could actually be that one of those eggs finally hatched, and Jon's future dragon is already flying around in the North. It would delicious irony if Vermax - whose rider Jace had brokered a Pact of Ice and Fire - had produced an egg from which a dragon sprung that would eventually serve Jon Snow as mount.

I guess the blood sacrifice in connection with 'new Valyrian steel' (or Qohorik steel) is a pretty strong hint that the creation of actual Valyrian steel also needed blood sacrifices (Missa Missa, anyone?). It's stated that the Valyrians eradicated countless (today unknown) peoples in Essos, and that they had an never-ending hunger for new slaves - suggesting that a lot of them were used for spell-work, rather than as workforce/servants.

Vermax's eggs:

Mushroom is the source, yes, but he was on Dragonstone during the Dance (until Rhaenyra took KL), and it is suggested that he 'close' to Jace, as he claims he fed Jace the dragonseeds ides (thank you for the Two Betrayers, mate!).

Thus Mushroom's original source would be Jace. I guess the eggs were discovered with Vermax after she was missed and eventually found in the crypts. Jace could have advised Cregan to let them there until the Targaryen princess arrived, as they would then hatch in her presence (or when the Targaryen-Starks were born), or something like that.

In light of Bran's last chapter of ACoK it could actually be that one of those eggs finally hatched, and Jon's future dragon is already flying around in the North. It would delicious irony if Vermax - whose rider Jace had brokered a Pact of Ice and Fire - had produced an egg from which a dragon sprung that would eventually serve Jon Snow as mount.

That would be cool. Might even be big enough to ride before the end of the series. But what was it eating down there all this time, and why didn't it ever fly out before?

Any information about Roose's ancestors and Stark x Bolton history?

Yep. The Boltons were the longest and most viscous rivals of the Kings of Winter. They were known as the "Red Kings" (guess why) and at one point one of them even burned Winterfell - apparently Ramsay was not the first in that regard.

King Royce Bolton was called "Redarm" because of his knack of plunging his arm into his enemies entrails.

Roger Bolton, "the Huntsman," was the Bolton King who finally knelt to the Starks.

Yep. The Boltons were the longest and most viscous rivals of the Kings of Winter. They were known as the "Red Kings" (guess why) and at one point one of them even burned Winterfell - apparently Ramsay was not the first in that regard.

King Royce Bolton was called "Redarm" because of his knack of plunging his arm into his enemies entrails.

Roger Bolton, "the Huntsman," was the Bolton King who finally knelt to the Starks.

Twisted as expected. Wondering if the Huntsman shared the same hobby with Ramsay... Is that all? Anyways thank you very much!

thanks! by the way, doesnt seam like a smart choice. An unknown house, maybe as you said the Horpes, should had shown much more power in the SL levies than what we ve already seen.

Well, the Stormlands aren't very populated. It's the most thriving port in the region, but still piss poor compared to towns from other regions.

Well, the Stormlands aren't very populated. It's the most thriving port in the region, but still piss poor compared to towns from other regions.

of course, yet I would ve given it to the swanns or some alike. The biggest port and biggest town should be part of one of the strongest houses.

Hey can someone please share the art of Asshai as presented in the book?

Im getting the book in Sunday (delivery to my country takes a while :-(...)

I have seen many artworks that were published on the web, after the launch of the book, but i cant find the Asshai one and i want to see it so bad!

You might have to wait :) sharing the artwork could breach copyright or something.

Have you played Dark Souls? You know the city of the dead, with all the ghosts in it, under the ground? That is what the artwork for Asshai reminded me of.

Oh, I forgot to ask? Were there info about the Lothstons?

Sorry for the amount of questions.

Yes. The Lothstons were founded by Ser Lucas Lothston, who was the master at arms at the Red Keep during the reign of Aegon III. Aegon rewarded him with Harrenhall as a gift. His wife was a paramour of Aegon the unworthy. No mention of how their line ended, but House Whent was involved in their downfall.

Another curiousity about Mel is that she is the only woman priest that we see, all the others seem to be male. Does a shadowbinder have to be female? It does seem that way.

In TWoIaF it says sorcerers are shadowbinders, not sorceresses.

I'm not sure that it matters - my speculation is that whatever they are is no longer human and doesn't conform to our understanding of gender.

In TWoIaF it says sorcerers are shadowbinders, not sorceresses.

I'm not sure that it matters - my speculation is that whatever they are is no longer human and doesn't conform to our understanding of gender.

So Mel could be Melvin instead of Melony?

Maybe she's the one who sliced Varys!

On the speculative Winterfell dragon hatchling:

It would only have hatched during the fire at Winterfell, of course. With Dany's dragons rekindling the fire magics in the world, perhaps only some fire and blood was enough? After all, Ramsay killed a lot of people at Winterfell, and some perhaps ever burned to death...

So Mel could be Melvin instead of Melony?

Maybe she's the one who sliced Varys!

It's probably more like Melphaeus - or something demonic :D But yeah, she it could have Varys' weener in a jar somewhere :D

I need to start a thread on Mel and Asshai.

Archived