Dunk is a Badass. (TWoIaF Spoilers)

Django

Can't wait for more Dunk and Egg. Honestly, in the time since aDWD came out, I think D&E has grown on me so much to the point that I'm more excited for future "tales" than tWoW.

I won't go into too much spoilerish detail, but what we get in TWoIaF on Dunk sounds so awesome, can't wait!

how're you finding Dunk in the book? My index doesn't list him

The sections on the middle two Blackfyre Rebellions. That stuff with the Laughing Storm. The fragmented texts from Sumerhall. That the Tarths are related to the Targaryens (we already know they are related to Dunk.)

All of this is spoilers for future Dunk & Egg stories

The sections on the middle two Blackfyre Rebellions. That stuff with the Laughing Storm. The fragmented texts from Sumerhall. That the Tarths are related to the Targaryens (we already know they are related to Dunk.)

All of this is spoilers for future Dunk & Egg stories

Maybe Dunk had a child with one of Egg's sisters.

I'm also starting to suspect Lyonel took a mortal wound at the hands of Dunk. Don't have any real solid evidence other than Ormund having been a real young lord paramount.

I am saddened that we didn't know more of The Tragedy at Summerhall! I need to know what happened to our beloved Dunk & Egg!!!

That blasted page in Gyldayn's history just made my Summerhall thirst greater! The last line especially!!! UGH!

... died, but for the valor of the Lord Comman ...

What does that mean?!?!? I must know!

I am saddened that we didn't know more of The Tragedy at Summerhall! I need to know what happened to our beloved Dunk & Egg!!!

That blasted page in Gyldayn's history just made my Summerhall thirst greater! The last line especially!!! UGH!

... died, but for the valor of the Lord Comman ...

What does that mean?!?!? I must know!

I've read suggested that he died saving Rhaella and Rhaegar.

So, it's all his fault :lol:

A suggested theory. It makes sense Dunk would save a pregnant lady.

Also the passage that discusses Rhaegar's birth specifically mentions being born "amongst the smoke and flames" or something like that

My crackpot theory is that the woodswitch prophesied that a dragon would be born at Summerhall. She recommended (I can't find the pasages now my book isn't on me) the Rhaelle/Aerys marriage. It said that Egg gathered everyone together to celebrate Rhaegar's soon to be occuring birth. I'm guessing maybe while things burned Dunk saved Rhaelle as she was giving birth to little Rhaegar.

Ooo

Well we have the way Danys dragons were born... What if Egg went Mad and tried sacrificing Rhaelle and Rhaegar to hatch dragons?

O-o I'd be sad I like Egg but that sounds Targish to me

Then Dunk saved her

That doesn't really sound like Egg at all and we aren't given any reason to think Egg ever really abandoned any of his principles

Also, Rhaelle was Egg's daughter who married Ormund Baratheon. Rhaella was Egg's granddaughter who married her brother Aerys.

The short excerpt we get about Summerhall definitely makes it seem like Dunk died saving someone else's life. Really it all ties back with the end of The Hedge Knight

Dunk could see the truth in that. “If I had not fought, you would have had my hand off. And my foot. Sometimes I sit under that tree there and look at my feet and ask if I couldn’t have spared one. How could my foot be worth a prince’s life? And the other two as well, the Humfreys, they were good men too.” Ser Humfrey Hardyng had succumbed to his wounds only last night.

“And what answer does your tree give you?”

“None that I can hear. But the old man, Ser Arlan, every day at evenfall he’d say, ‘I wonder what the morrow will bring.’ He never knew, no more than we do. Well, mighten it be that some morrow will come when I’ll have need of that foot? When the realm will need that foot, even more than a prince’s life?”

Archived