Elio and Linda... Thanks for the book

Deed

It is absolutely mind boggling the amount of work and planning that went into this. First, spoilers can't be included because we have a story that isn't finished yet. We also have a community that has studied all of the previously published material extensively. So fact checking and re-checking is paramount. It's been years since the last book, giving the community time to speculate on seemingly irrelevant minutia (which, as we know with GRRM, nothing is irrelevant and he thrives on minutia) and nearly come to blows with opinions.

I've lurked here for years and understand the way a community works...I manage an on line community with over 500,000 members and on most days it is like herding cats...and all my folks are interested in is botany! High Fantasy is another animal all together. Crafting this book as you did, helps us fill some voids and flesh out an already stellar example of world-building. I can only assume if something was omitted, that it was done so for a purpose that we'll discover further down the road of this epic journey.

I consider this book a wonderful gift from all who contributed to its creation and hope that we'll have its companion someday at the close of the series, as written by someone else in that world.

Thank You

Totally swamped at work, but I am pouring over the book at every free moment.

The new details about characters/relationships we had only heard about before in passing before are engrossing.

The artwork is mesmerizing.

Elio and Linda, you have done a great job, fleshing out the nooks an crannies of the World of Ice and Fire.

Tolkein had the luxury of putting his appendices at the end of his work. Writing this while the series is still being written, and thus having to avoid spoilers, must have made it doubly hard.

Thank you very much. And well done!

Once I saw it in real life, I found I even liked the orange cover - a very nice faux-leather effect.

Thank you so much for the book! It's hard to imagine the amount of work you guys must have put into it... And congratulations for your marriage!

I don't know if you two want children, but if you do, you should totally name them after the ASOIAF characters. Just saying...

Archived