What do you wish was more elaborated?

Well, I'll offer that one up here, Crimson:

She was imprisoned for the rest of her life, and died during the outbreak of the Winter Fever in 133 AC.

(Don't expect me to elaborate on everything else people want elaboration on!)

So many terms regarding magic but no explanation. Like what is a night-walker (apparently that only-mentioned-once Qartheen dude Urrathon is a night walker), or black alchemist, or shapechanger? I know we are suppose to wonder these things but having no answers is kinda irritating. But it's ok, because I saw freaking Asshai :bowdown:

Nothing about Faros, Vahar and Great Moraq.

Female Tyrells :crying:

I really expected some badass Tyrell women but nope. All other houses got one or two badass members but Tyrells have no one. None of the new named Tyrells are interesting.

Yandel says the Reach is home to many knights, singers, and sorcerers. But no mention of any sorcerer lord or lady (except for Lady Crane).

Oh. It's good to know what happened to her. Thanks Ran :3

The 5 Forts of Yi Ti, Yeen, K'Dath. Something about the people who abandoned Asshai and taught the Valyrians. Of course a maester would have little knowledge on any of these, which is why I'd love a Jade Compendium.

I'd like to have seen more on the North. That was surprisingly short. Two things especially:

1) The Pact of Ice and Fire: A Targaryen bride for a Stark lordling... do tell me more.

2) What did the Starks and the North do during the BF Rebellion.

(Ran - that's actually disappointing! Alicent Hightower is my least favorite character in the series... and I get along with everyone! I always swear whenever she shows up on the page.)

I wanted more on House Stark after Bran's tantalizing POV chapter in ADwD (who were those people?), especially pre-AL, but am pretty sure we'll get more in future books and in the series. But Cregan Stark was a badass to end all badassery. The Hour of the Wolf was one of the most awesome events in the series. (I was reading that at 3 am, and I think I read the page like 3 times, asking "wait a second, did he just do what I thought he did?!") I wanted to be able to walk through the Kings of Winter the way that we did the Targs.

The bits we got in TWOIAF also convinced me that the uncompromising justice and unassailable honor of the Kings of Winter isn't just Ned Stark being Ned Stark. It's part of the values passed down since time immemorial -- if you pass the sentence, you swing the sword, etc. What Cregan did reminded me of what we've seen in some of the controversial moves that the Stark children have made during ASOIAF.

There not being much on the north makes sense though, given how much of the main story plot still has to transpire there. And it would seem giving too much detail on the stark history would spoil too much.

I too would have liked more winter king stuff. All the Targs got portraits, at the expense of other figures and they all look like Legolas or Galadriel anyway!

The ignorance of magic is annoying because we as readers know its true and want to know more.

What is the tale of how Bran the builder learned the Childrens language? Surely that isnt a future plot device.

Asshai. Granted, I loved what was there on Asshai. But I could read a book the size of the world book on it. In addition to that, Stygai, the "corpse" city of the Ash river from it. Why do shadowbinders fear it? Too many questions, though I'll admit the enigmatic nature of it might be why I'm so fascinated.

Archived