What do you wish was more elaborated?

To me it felt like the section on the Iron Islands just went on and on and on. It's probably the least interesting part of Westeros to me. I get it, the Iron Born are like the Vikings, you don't need to beat us over the head with it. What's even more annoying is that they didn't go into the level of detail I was hoping for regarding the North, instead lavishing so much time on the Iron Islands. ARGH.

Although the sea dragons bones and the black throne do pique my interest, especially with the little bit of info that drops throughout about the structures made from that same oily stone.

Small nitpick on an otherwise awesome addition to the GOTR universe.

Aside from describing the various peoples in North, which I liked, the actual history of the North felt pretty short. Feels like I know more about the Gardener kings than the Starks. Same goes for the Stormlands, in which the Durrandon section basically amounted to "they had lots of wars", and the Baratheon section was just mentioning their interactions with the Royal family.

I would like everything elaborated. The parts for the West for instance made a very different impression than the text we got spoiled for us and I would expect the same to be true for the other parts. By omission of the death of Denys Marbrand and the details of Reynard Reyne's insulting terms makes the whole thing read very differently.

*Disclaimer: I have only skimmed thus far, so this may be touched on in the book but I just haven't realized it yet*

- The full Martell family tree post-Dance. Paricularly Doran's parents.

-I am insanely curious as to who was the family of the knight and sister/kin Aerys had executed in 274 after the death of baby Jaehaerys. This was Aerys' mistress and her brother was a knight in Aerys' household service, which tells me he had to have come from a semi-prominent family.

I would have liked to know more about Aegon "1.5". That was quickly glossed over in the book. I found it very surprising that his uncle Maegor was able to gain so much support for himself - he was clearly a terrible man from the start. Maybe Aenys was just so unpopular that the idea of his son on the Throne was unthinkable :dunno: Still, I would like to know exactly who supported Aegon, and how exactly things worked with regards to his mother, brothers and sisters and children when he claimed the Crown. Also, tell me more about their dragon fight :drool:

I would have liked to know more about Aegon "1.5". That was quickly glossed over in the book. I found it very surprising that his uncle Maegor was able to gain so much support for himself - he was clearly a terrible man from the start. Maybe Aenys was just so unpopular that the idea of his son on the Throne was unthinkable :dunno: Still, I would like to know exactly who supported Aegon, and how exactly things worked with regards to his mother, brothers and sisters and children when he claimed the Crown. Also, tell me more about their dragon fight :drool:

Then what do we call the Aegon in between Aegon 1.5 and Aegon II? Aegon 1.75?

Personally, I also missed that there was nothing about the assault on Dragonstone, Rhaellas pregnancy and the birth of Daenerys.

I think barley and Bastard born are the same thing.

I'm assuming that "barley" is an autocorrect there.

Baseborn and bastard born aren't the same thing. Dunk makes a point of that fact when Egg refers to Bloodraven as baseborn in The Sworn Sword:

“Bastard born, not baseborn.” Bloodraven might not be a real lord, but he was noble on both sides.

Baseborn seems to imply at least one of one's parents is a commoner

Archived