What do you wish was more elaborated?

More house words!!!

I haven't yet finished the book, but for what I've seen, there is some obvious dismissal of certain events, specially magical events. I doubt it's a coincidence.

I haven't finished either - I've just been jumping around to the bits that interest me and yes, I believe that magical and mythological things are deliberately left out or vague so that the end of the ASoIaF story is still surprising,

I still would like to know if the House Targaryen of Dragonstone were slavers?

After all those Targaryen's were pure blood Valyrians.

Knowing the life that Daenerys Targaryen had , no surprise she became an abolitionist, but was there more to it than that?

I haven't read all of it yet, but like others have said, I wish there was more about the kings of the north.

My favourite part so far is the story of Nymeria. I'd love to see an entire book dedicated to her story. One can only dream. :crying:

So many terms regarding magic but no explanation. Like what is a night-walker (apparently that only-mentioned-once Qartheen dude Urrathon is a night walker), or black alchemist, or shapechanger? I know we are suppose to wonder these things but having no answers is kinda irritating. But it's ok, because I saw freaking Asshai :bowdown:

Nothing about Faros, Vahar and Great Moraq.

Female Tyrells :crying:

I really expected some badass Tyrell women but nope. All other houses got one or two badass members but Tyrells have no one. None of the new named Tyrells are interesting.

Yandel says the Reach is home to many knights, singers, and sorcerers. But no mention of any sorcerer lord or lady (except for Lady Crane).

Oh. It's good to know what happened to her. Thanks Ran :3

I like the fact that now we know why a voyage to the east to Asshai is so valuable. Asshai has no food just ghost grass! But they have tons of precious jewels. Pulling a big haul like that back from asshai you'd be alll kinds of rich. I wonder why Littlefinger hasn't sent a cog or two over to try to take advantage.

-I would have liked to know more about the Graces: Which deities they worship, all the different kinds of Graces and their functions, if all of them are noble born or there are also commoners and slave-born among them...etc.

-I would like to know a bit more about the Lhazarene, their god and the Godswives.

-I would like to know more about the Maesters' rings: How many kind of links there are, how many links most acolytes have when they make their vows, how long do they study before building a whole chain on average...etc.

-I would like to know how the people from the Free Cities treat their bastards. Are they entitled to their father's surname? Can they inherit? Are they respected, or despised?.

-I would like to know which is the current stance of the Summer Islanders with regards to slavery. Do they keep slaves? Do they take part in the slave-trade? Do they reject slavery like the Westerosi do, or even actively oppose it like the Braavosi do?

-I would like to know about some battles between the Volantene slave soldiers and the Dothraki. It's implied that the Volantene don't just bribe the Dothraki, but also fight them to protect their lands.

Also: I hope we learn if skinchangers could bind and control Leviathans, Krakens, Manticores, Basilisks and Wyverns. If so, a powerful skinchanger who likes to travel could be the most dangerous creature in the world... :P

The Blackfyre rebellions. Specifically the first. I'm assuming we'll find out more about 3 and 4 in the Dunk and Egg series.

3rd Blackfyre Rebellion (the tidbits were just soooo tantalizing)

What ended up happening to Daena the Defiant?

GRRM probably plans to write about them in the Tales of Dunk and Egg, so he can't allow too much spoiling about the issue.

Ran,

can you shed any light on the death/fate of Queen Shaera Targaryen, Aerys' mother? Before the book I assumed she would have died at Summerhall, but the book explicitly states that she is around during Jaehaerys' reign. It is somewhat odd that she is not mentioned once in the long and detailed account of Aerys' reign. Surely her death would have made some impression on her two children...?

Other thing: Alyssa Arryn. We now know she lived perhaps not six thousand years ago, but who was she, and who killed all her relatives? Was she a Queen Regnant of the Vale, or just some woman who married into the Arryn line?

Although there is a lot of information I would have LOVED to know more about...I won't be greedy as I feel we will learn about the Others, Rhaegar & Lyanna, Secret Targaryens (or not so secret) and several other aspects eventually in the last two (hopefully just two) books.

What I want to know more about is the Tragedy at Summerhall. We learned a little more than we did...such as 7 eggs...but I just saddens me not to know the true end to our dear Dunk & Egg. The last line on the on the page from Maester Gyldayn makes me wonder a few things...but that's for a different thread.

GRRM probably plans to write about them in the Tales of Dunk and Egg, so he can't allow too much spoiling about the issue.

I know, but that does nothing to quench my desire for instant gratification.

Archived