What do you wish was more elaborated?

Seems Dorne is the exception in this. I can understand being able to defeat armies in their own lands, but apparently they were also able to succesfully raid both the Reach and the Stormlands. They went as far as to besiege strong castles(Highgarden and Nightsong), and raze them to the ground. Even the North had a considerably hard time trying to raid the Vale.

Well it kinda makes sense why, Dorne has probably the least manpower so they win through cunning, cruelty and yes, treachery.

The kingsguard, though that is more for the White Book.

Nonetheless, I wanted to know of the deeds of these knights. Or at least the names alongside every king... :3

Yes, this. There are only a few extra details scattered throughout the volume about the various knights that served in the KG. Most notably the names of the seven founding knights of the KG at the time of Aegon I. It would have been great to have more KG details under each Targ ruler, or perhaps a separate section - I remember at one point there was a suggestion that there be a reproduction of one of the pages of the White Book......

The glimpses of the White Book that we get in that one PoV chapter of Jaime shows that there are plenty of interesting KG that 'exist', it only at the most basic level - Orivel, Michal Mertyns, etc etc - as well as the other details thrown out in other PoVs - the Darklyns who served in the KG; Ser Arys' thoughts about other Oakhearts in the KG. I was hoping that we would get more on all of those, and other white knights through the ages.

A question: I have realized that a lot of stuff from the app isn't included into The World of Ice and Fire...For example, they don't speak about Great Moraq in the book...

Are there any plans to publish some book (digital or physical) including all that information too? It would be nice to have that book.

Not presently. The details we have in the app came from the notes George wrote when working on the Lands of Ice and Fire, and they were used only when they fit into the book. Maybe we'll pull more out of those notes for future updates.

Not presently. The details we have in the app came from the notes George wrote when working on the Lands of Ice and Fire, and they were used only when they fit into the book. Maybe we'll pull more out of those notes for future updates.

Thanks for the answer.

We got a little tidbit on Great Moraq in TWoIaF, though. Wasn't it conquered by one of the most powerful Yi Tish Emperors?

They only mention Great Moraq to compare its size with other islands and to say that it is south of the Jade Gates, but they don't mention the little bits the app gives about the island.

I haven't read past the Ancient History and Westeros sections yet.

Anyway, what I do want to know more of is:

1. The North (disappointed with the lack of new material compared to other regions)

2. More stories and folktales

3. More details about the religions (in particular the Faith Militant and the Faith's ability to hold its own trials)

4. More details about the origins of the Maesters

5. More details about historical members of the Kingsguard

6. History of the Alchemists Guild and whether there are any other guilds in Westeros

7. More information about the ancient history of the known world (I was really disappointed with what we got, I'd been hoping we'd at least get some information about the Ghiscar-Valyrian Wars (and an Ghiscari equivalent of Hannibal Barca))

As I understand it, some of the material we got was abridged stuff, like the reign of Aenys I. The full version will be in Fire and Blood. That is what i think we were told in any case. (Fire and Blood being the "GRRMillion" that he hopes to release post ASOIAF)

I'm definitely really rooting for that Jade Compendium to inform us on the histories, as recorded in the east. That would interest me a lot more than Fire and Blood.

This. Where did Septon Barth study? He was the son of a blacksmith, and was educated by the Faith...does that mean that the Faith does give a decent education to at least some of the septons?

On the last point, that's hardly surprising. A septon would be expected to be literate, etc., in order to preach and settle theological issues. Barth was part of the royal library system, so he obviously got additional training beyond that.

The Faith's infrastructure feels seriously underdeveloped in the series, though. You would expect there to be a chain of seminaries/universities for religious education, but the only institute of learning that anyone ever talks about is the Citadel.

I wish we knew more of the tragedy at Summerhall. All I got was that Dunk did something heroic, and there were survivors.

We actually got more than I expected. At one point there was talk of having an ink spill cover much of the page. They didn't wanna spoil the Dunk & Egg books entirely. Also it may have some relevance for the main series.

We actually got more than I expected. At one point there was talk of having an ink spill cover much of the page. They didn't wanna spoil the Dunk & Egg books entirely. Also it may have some relevance for the main series.

I think the truth of what happened at Summerhall will be one of the big shocks to come, both for readers and characters. What we know was happening there (a big fire, magic users [pyromancers] were present, a Targayren princess with a little prince in her belly, royal blood present...etc.) has a lot in common with the scene where Daenerys hatches her "children".

I suspect that Egg was trying to perform a magical ritual that was very similar to what Daenerys did, but while Egg was willing to sacrifice himself in the pire (like Khal Drogo), the pyromancers weren't eager to be burn in the pire (like Mirri Maz Duur), and some members of the family may have objected sacrificing the baby in Rhaelle's belly.

The other thing about Summerhall is that I seem to remember Barristan(?) mentioning treachery. Which only adds to the intrigue.

ETA: And I doubt Egg planned to sacrifice himself. He wanted the dragons to enforce his new policies, he can't do that if he is dead. It seems likely he had 7 eggs for 7 riders

The other thing about Summerhall is that I seem to remember Barristan(?) mentioning treachery. Which only adds to the intrigue.

ETA: And I doubt Egg planned to sacrifice himself. He wanted the dragons to enforce his new policies, he can't do that if he is dead. It seems likely he had 7 eggs for 7 riders

He needed king's blood for the sacrifice....Maybe he grabbed some Blackfyre kept captive in the black cells?

Well, now I remember that Barristan mentioned somewhere that there was treachury at Summerhall. Something that intrigues me even further is that Archmaester Gyldayne's history page was destroyed by ink. Remember where Marwyn warned Samwell about the Citadel's maesters trying to build a world without magic? What if the blotting was done in purpose?

Archived