Theon's ...flaying..

SerHodor

I'm pretty sure the Unsullied would not take Theon. While it did take major balls to get fArya out of Winterfell, I think what makes an Unsullied Unsullied is the training process, of which castration is only a part.

Think about it, Reek is an unsullied name, maybe Theon will be the next Grey worm

• 3 months later...

To me, the more docile nature of Theon and the fact that he is afraid to let people see him naked is that he has been tortured so intensely. Theon thinks at one point, he better be sure to walk smoothly (something very difficult with his fingers missing) and to wear gloves because Ramsey will torture him if people know how bad he is. So the shower scene could be that he doesn't want people to see him naked. Meanwhile, the more docile nature stems from the fact that he no longer has any ego. For that matter, he no longer even has an identity. He learned to become Reek and Theon died inside of him.

That being said, I do think that he has been castrated. I haven't read the book in a while but the main piece for me was the 'i'd need to use my mouth' comment and that he says he is not a man (referring to his penis). However, I have also seen compelling evidence that he may still have a functioning organ, but the trauma was so intense (since it most likely was sexual as well) that he may have developed the inability to actively use it.

Archived