Favourite Women

naseridrl

Even though many of the women didn't get as much of a mention as the men and some were spoken of scornfully there were some great bits here and there scattered throughout. Who were the favourites of people here?

I like the sound of Sabitha Vypren, she sounds like a heck of a woman. Florys the Fox sounds utterly amazing now we know where the Florents probably get their fox from and where Lann might hav got his cleverness. Her sister Rowan Gold-tree sounds like she inherited her dads gift. The Blackwoods also seem to have produced some special women too.

Nymeria and Visneya were as amazing as I imagine but I enjoyed reading about other women who we knew nothing about before and probably won't ever hear of again.

Im torn on Visenya. On one hand it seems like she was a better warrior than Aegon and finding out she was the one created the Kingsguard was fucking awesome.

On the other hand she was the one who set Maegor on his bloody path to the crown and she wanted to send Deria to the brothels of King's Landing.

I loved reading about Nymeria, Melissa Blackwood, Daemon's daughter Baela was aweome too and Rhaenys who almost became Jahaerys' heir.

Viserys II's wife makes me wonder if women from the Free Cities have a completely different set of standard when it comes to kids. Doran's wife left her kids too and she was frome the Free Cities as well.

I was actually quite impressed by Rhaenys. I always thought of her as a bit of an airhead, with Visenya being the one who handled the day-to-day-ruling (never saw her as the evil stepmother cliche, we already have Allicent for that) and Aegon setting out the grand plans. Turns out that Aegon was far less brilliant then I thought.

Visenya and Rhaenys did most of the normal ruling. Visenya saved Aegon's life, came up with the idea of the KG, etc. It was Rhaenys who came up with the marriage politics to keep the Realm together (who knows, she might have even started it all with Orys and his Durrandon bride).

I haven't made it past the section on the conquest yet (been reading it on breaks at work), but learning more about nymeria was amazing! I've always been interested in her since arya's thoughts of her in book #1.

after the conquest you go through every Targ king so far. Got to admit,it's getting boring. I've been confused multiple times and other kings can just be plain boring,unfortunately. I enjoyed Maegor,Baelor,Aegon II,TDOTD and The Blackfyre Rebellion stuff,though. I'm nearly finished with the Targ kings now.

Marla Sunderland for Queen!

Besides that:

The two mothers of Gaemon Palehair. They were 'progressive'. And Alyssa Velaryon, of course. That woman seems to have been stitching together the coalition that brought Maegor down.

And, of course, Jaenara Belaerys. Those men were far to craven to even try to map Essos!

<snip

Viserys II's wife makes me wonder if women from the Free Cities have a completely different set of standard when it comes to kids. Doran's wife left her kids too and she was frome the Free Cities as well.

Interesting that Mellario objects to using a child to pay a debt but is willing to leave her children behind just to get away from their father. I don't think Doran would have let her take them if she tried (and she might have), but she could have just gone to live at Sunspear or something.

And Alyssa Velaryon, of course. That woman seems to have been stitching together the coalition that brought Maegor down.

And how about Maegor's black bride Rhaena who played a pretty key role in his downfall

I like Good Queen Alysanne a lot too. I felt bad for her after reading about her devastation at the loss of Princess Gael.

Alysanne's best moment is probably telling Jaehaerys to fuck off for passing over Rhaenys

And, of course, Jaenara Belaerys. Those men were far to craven to even try to map Essos!

She served two purposes, she showed how amazing she was by going to Sothoryos to map it, but she also gave us a name of a Valyrian dragonlord family, so doubly informative.

I wonder if we'll ever hear the song about Sharra the Witch Queen?

Agnes Blackwood. Seriously, no love for her? :( "I'd rather havr your sword in me than your cock." *metaphorical bitchslap*

Are there any Blackwood women mentioned who weren't amazing? That bloodline seems to create only unrepentantly remarkable females.

Archived