Favourite Women

naseridrl

Alyssa Velaryon was such a badass bitter bytch that I love her. I'm sure we will hear more about her in Fire and Blood (hopefully). She is my queen :bowdown:

Johanna Westerling was a great woman too. She is what Cersei should have been.

I felt bad for Rhaenys if it's true that she died under mass torture.

Visenya is %1000 badass. She's kinda evil but somehow fascinating at the same time. Can't say I like her as much as I did before reading TWOIAF.

Lady Johanna Lannister also seems to have socked it to the Iron Born a bit as well. Although not with the same kind of sass as Agnes. Tess started it and Lady Lannister finished it

The moment I saw the title of this thread, the first name that came into my mind was Johanna Lannister.

Obviously Vic wasn't told about what Lady Johanna did to his ancestor.

I don't care what anyone thinks, Dany is my favourite woman. :)

ETA: I keep confusing myself, I just realised this is TWOIAF thread. :P I love Good Queen Alysane. Her journey to the Night's Watch and insistence the First Night be revoked is excellently fantastic. :D

I was disappointed at the complete absence of women from the history of House Stark and the North (except by marriage, i.e., Black Aly).

Everywhere else seemed to have at least something about women doing something. The only thing connected to women in the North I can remember was the Company of the Rose thing about wild men and women of the north founding it who didn't want to bend the knee to the dragons. And I don't even think that was in the North section I think it was later in the free cities part.

Meria Martell and Black Aly Blackwood (actually, pretty much every woman from House Blackwood), and Nymeria.

Visenya I'm torn on. I think it's clear that she was very capable and smart and even had diplomatic skill that one might find surprising (Rhaenys was the one everyone "liked," yet she failed in Dorne whereas Visenya succeeded in the Vale and Cracklaw Point). However I also get the impression that it was due to her influence that Maegor ended up so brutal.

I'm meh on Rhaenys. Yeah, she probably died awfully, but it was no worse than what the Targs would have to the Dornish if they'd succeeded. If the Targs are "badass" for subjugating people, the Martells are badass for successfully standing up to the would-be oppressors. She got what was coming to her.

Meria Martell and Black Aly Blackwood, and Nymeria.

Visenya I'm torn on. I think it's clear that she was very capable and smart and even had diplomatic skill that one might find surprising (Rhaenys was the one everyone "liked," yet she failed in Dorne whereas Visenya succeeded in the Vale and Cracklaw Point). However I also get the impression that it was due to her influence that Maegor ended up so brutal.

Something similar could be said of Aenys who started like a weak baby. Maybe Rhaenys spoiled him too much.

Alyssa Velaryon was such a badass bitter bytch that I love her. I'm sure we will hear more about her in Fire and Blood (hopefully). She is my queen :bowdown:

Johanna Westerling was a great woman too. She is what Cersei should have been.

I felt bad for Rhaenys if it's true that she died under mass torture.

Visenya is %1000 badass. She's kinda evil but somehow fascinating at the same time. Can't say I like her as much as I did before reading TWOIAF.

Visenya was the most capable of the three. She saved the dynasty, although Maegor was a monster.

I hadn't realised Rhaenys was tortured to death, which is pretty disturbing (I've not had the chance to read the book in detail).

One thing I found quite amusing is that Dany is quite a rare being in Westeros as a woman with power/Queen. But in the east where she is/has been/is going she isn't really. The East seems to have many more female with power or legends of women Fisher Queens etc.

Maybe if she took the time to listen to stories and legends from there she might learn some things. Women seem to have fought in wars a heck of a lot more in Essos as well and its acknowledged not rumoured or whispered.

Archived