Political Maps of the Seven Kingdoms

creganstark

Oh no, I meant the Glovers can field over 2000, not rule 2000.

Benjicot Branch and Ned Woods are their clans leaders or related to them, the clans are named Branch and Woods.

1700 is closer to 2000 then 1000. This isn't a perfect number world, so 2000 won't be the army numbers, I'm rounding up.

Most army sizes are probably like 1788 or something.

I provided it above.

Oh no, I meant the Glovers can field over 2000, not rule 2000.

Benjicot Branch and Ned Woods are their clans leaders or related to them, the clans are named Branch and Woods.

1700 is closer to 2000 then 1000. This isn't a perfect number world, so 2000 won't be the army numbers, I'm rounding up.

Most army sizes are probably like 1788 or something.

I provided it above.

You didnt provide anything. Mostly you made up stuff, the one number that you used in the books you actually got wrong and doubled it.

"Once you are home, send word to Helman Tallhart and Galbart Glover under my seal. They are to raise a hundred bowmen each and fortify Moat Cailin.

Where does it say that Woods and Benjicot are the clan leaders? I am happy for you to be right but please provide evidence. The books call them "trackers and hunters" not leaders. In the case that they are the leaders of their clan it shows just how unimportant they are.

I mean they belong to the clan but aren't necessarily the "chief", they could be heirs etc.

Thank you for that, I got one of them wrong. So less 100.

Why is it so hard for you to believe? They have large lands, rich in resources and vassals. In a society such as this, that means power. The Glovers are one of the Starks principal bannermen, but they are also one that held many men back (to protect Sybelle).

They control an area three times the size of Bear Island. Bear Island fields 1100. They have a region more fertile and rich in resources then Bear Island. To think that they can't field 1500-2000 doesn't make sense.

Numbers don't really mean anything, unless it is explicitly stated how many. In the grand scheme of things 2000 men for a northern lord is not much.

I mean they belong to the clan but aren't necessarily the "chief", they could be heirs etc.

Thank you for that, I got one of them wrong. So less 100.

Why is it so hard for you to believe? They have large lands, rich in resources and vassals. In a society such as this, that means power. The Glovers are one of the Starks principal bannermen, but they are also one that held many men back (to protect Sybelle).

They control an area three times the size of Bear Island. Bear Island fields 1100. They have a region more fertile and rich in resources then Bear Island. To think that they can't field 1500-2000 doesn't make sense.

Numbers don't really mean anything, unless it is explicitly stated how many. In the grand scheme of things 2000 men for a northern lord is not much.

Firstly, we don't know for certain how much of the Wolfswood the Glovers actually control. On other maps I've seen, their chunk is barely bigger than Bear Island. Also, the Wolfswood isn't any richer or more fertile than Bear Island, from what we know. In fact, barring mountains and desert, this dense forest in the middle of the North would be one of the most sparsely populated, and therefore poorest, areas in the Seven Kingdoms.

Firstly, we don't know for certain how much of the Wolfswood the Glovers actually control. On other maps I've seen, their chunk is barely bigger than Bear Island. Also, the Wolfswood isn't any richer or more fertile than Bear Island, from what we know. In fact, barring mountains and desert, this dense forest in the middle of the North would be one of the most sparsely populated, and therefore poorest, areas in the Seven Kingdoms.

Sea Dragon Point to at least Deepwood Motte. They control at least to the coast from Deepwood Motte.

I can't remember how long it takes Stannis to travel his army from Deepwood to Winterfell, but it's a while, and they are in Glover land for a portion of it.

Forests (especially deciduous ones like the wolfswood) are fertile. We know that the wolfs wood has villages (such as where Stannis is camped) and forests are abound in resources. There are people.

Sea Dragon Point to at least Deepwood Motte. They control at least to the coast from Deepwood Motte.

I can't remember how long it takes Stannis to travel his army from Deepwood to Winterfell, but it's a while, and they are in Glover land for a portion of it.

Forests (especially deciduous ones like the wolfswood) are fertile. We know that the wolfs wood has villages (such as where Stannis is camped) and forests are abound in resources. There are people.

1. We don't know how far inland their domain extends. That Stannis was in Glover land for a portion of his journey tells us nothing.

2. Sure, forests can be fertile and have resources. That applies to Bear Island as well.

3. I never said that there weren't people in the Wolfswood. However, there just aren't very many, as it's a very thick forest in the heart of the least densely populated kingdom. It's obviously not very populated, even compared to some other parts of the North.

Not that I don't believe you, but where's that stated?

The army covered twenty-two miles the first day, by the reckoning of the guides Lady Sybelle had given them, trackers and hunters sworn to Deepwood with clan names like Forrester and Woods, Branch and Bole. The second day the host made twenty-four, as their vanguard passed beyond the Glover lands into the thick of the wolfswood. “

So call it 40 or 46, but two days out they were out of Glover lands.

1. It tells us a lot. If these lands are large, then that means more people.

2. Bear Island is small, and less fertile. Jorah and Jeor both allude to much.

3. It is the least densely populated, but also the largest. That can cancel things out.

Bear Island might be small in relation to the North, but it's as large or larger than the largest Iron Island, albeit farther north. Just ballparking it from what we know of the size of the north, you're probably look at around ~5000 sq miles

I don't think anyone's is the Stoney Shore. The Ryswells have the Rills, which doesn't extend to the shore. Nor would Tallharts have land that large. I always thought it'd be nothing land like the Mountains of the Moon, Arryn land, but not Arryn people.

It's Stark land. Again, Tallharts and Glovers only administrate Stark land.

1. It tells us a lot. If these lands are large, then that means more people.

2. Bear Island is small, and less fertile. Jorah and Jeor both allude to much.

3. It is the least densely populated, but also the largest. That can cancel things out.

1. What I meant is that 'a portion' isn't specific enough to draw any conclusions.

2. Jorah and Jeor don't compare it to the Wolfswood. Still no evidence that Bear Island is any worse than the Wolfswood.

3. Yes, to an extent.

Archived