Archer Season Whatever: Caress of Krieger

Myshkin

Is it just me or is the animation much better this season? The fight scene with Conway and Archer was great, and you could see all these subtle movements.

Definitely felt like everything is more "fluid" and has a flow to it instead of jerky movements.

It was a good episode. However when the guide info said that an agent from the past would come back into play I was desperately hoping it was Barry and other Barry. I miss them.

They've confirmed Barry will be back this season which I have mixed feelings about. I love him as a character but the whole robot-space-Katya storyline was getting pretty crazy

They've confirmed Barry will be back this season which I have mixed feelings about. I love him as a character but the whole robot-space-Katya storyline was getting pretty crazy

I liked Barr better before he became a cyborg. He was much funnier as Archer's punching bag than as his nemesis.

Hmmm, this episode wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. The animation was great (that fight), but I just don't laugh as much as I used to. I still watch Archer gladly, because the characters are so good, so the more emotional stories (like this week with the whole legal guardian thing) are still a treat, but I hope the season picks up with a little more humour next week.

I agree. It seemed like a "meh" episode for me. Although "I'm Archerizing the plan!" had me giggling. And I just realized that the animation/art reminds me of the old "Johnny Quest" cartoons. Mostly, the heavy black outlines, I suppose. :)

When the avalanche started I was fairly certain it was going to end with Ray being paralyzed again. I was extremely glad to see that the show did not go that route (although, after he appeared okay and Archer wasn't on screen yet, I half-thought the show was going to show that Archer was paralyzed finally. And he'd need to become what he hates the most, a cyborg).

Perhaps not an all time classic, but it certainly was the best episode of the season so far. Archer was finally committed to return to humour :) Can't wait for the next episode :)

It was alright as an episode, although it felt very abbreviated - like an incomplete, rushed version of "Lo Scandalo" except on a snowy mountain. It would have been smarter to send the entire group (or most of it) to the lodge, and then gone from there.

It was alright as an episode, although it felt very abbreviated - like an incomplete, rushed version of "Lo Scandalo" except on a snowy mountain. It would have been smarter to send the entire group (or most of it) to the lodge, and then gone from there.

I prefer when they're split up like that on top of the fact that it's kind of annoying when they're constantly contriving ways for the whole crew to spontaneously end up on together on some crazy mission. Although obviously sometimes like your Lo Scandalo example it works out perfectly but I think those kind of episodes should be and are rare.

"Looks like Pam's lucky night!" and Archer's confession while in the sleeping bag made both my wife and I snort on our beverages. Good to see them hit their stride so early in the season.

Archived